havent been here in a while...a little update on the car

98_stang_guy

Apr 17, 2003
Wisconsin
i dont even remember the last thing i posted about my car here, but just thought i'd show off whats been done lately...

thunderbird super coupe engine...basically a stock rebuilt engine with ARP head studs and 99-04 head gaskets. running 11-12psi. front mount intercooler is soon to come.
6d1w0v8.jpg

4oz5csk.jpg

and i really dont know if my car has changed much appearance wise...but here are some exterior pics
54lbleu.jpg

4l6f1p5.jpg

4r815ba.jpg

4lqepe1.jpg

Attachments

• 6d1w0v8.jpg
    6d1w0v8.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 83
  • 4oz5csk.jpg
    4oz5csk.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 91
  • 54lbleu.jpg
    54lbleu.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 88
  • 4l6f1p5.jpg
    4l6f1p5.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 93
  • 4r815ba.jpg
    4r815ba.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 91
  • 4lqepe1.jpg
    4lqepe1.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 101
  • Sponsors (?)

I see what your saying, it would be just as easy as swapping in a 4.6 right? yours turned out great, i like it.

eh...swapping in a 4.6 requires a complete wiring harness, ECU, gauge cluster, and transmission i do beleive

i had to modify my wiring harness slightly to reach a few things and to use the super coupe TPS and IAT, other than that it was tuned by justin starky at VMP tuning

So the dumb NUB question of the day... Why can you not just get the supercharger from the thunderturd and place it atop your 'stang 3.8? I have been thinking about this lately and was very curious.. Thanks guys!

The intakes are different. There were some guys on here a LONG time ago who were trying to fab up a lower intake that would mount the supercharger to the mustang 3.8. I guess it didn't go anywhere or it was such a pita, they decided not to make more.

I see that you have MM C/C plates. Get coil overs?

The intakes are different. There were some guys on here a LONG time ago who were trying to fab up a lower intake that would mount the supercharger to the mustang 3.8. I guess it didn't go anywhere or it was such a pita, they decided not to make more.

I see that you have MM C/C plates. Get coil overs?

Thank you for your response! Again, I hope I am not being ignorant here as I have never dealt with roots style s/c but arent the lower intake and the unit itself seperate, or are they combined and thats why it wont fit? Is the valley different betweent the Mustang block and the Thunderbird block?

Were you saying I have MM C/C plates? If so, I dont have C/C plates at all actually!:bang: I just have Progress lowering springs on the GT and Eibach on the sixer with a Les Schwab alignment fix...:shrug:

Honestly I couldn't tell you what the difference is. I just know that some people were trying to fab up some sort of adaptor plate (may not have been the lower intake) to fit the blower on the engine.

SOMEDAY i plan on getting coilovers, but for now its just the bullitt handling kit with maxspeed springs and MM CC plates

the super coupe and mustang engines are almost identical. the super coupe engine has a forged crank, stronger block, better heads, etc. the super coupe engine also has a little bit lower compression to make boost a bit safer. i actually had this setup for about 5 miles on my '98 mustang engine until i threw piston #4 thru the cylinder wall :notnice:

the adapter plate people were talking about is to fit the eaton M112 blower (from 03-04 cobras) on to the splitport (99-04) v6. super six motorsports is going to be selling these adapters quite soon, they already have a prototype model that has a few thousand miles on it and i do beleive they were running into problems finding a machine shop or something to get these produced in high volume.

as for the supercharger/lower intake deal for the super coupe. they are indeed seperate parts. the air goes in thru the filter, thru the MAF, thru the throttle body, in the blower inlet, out the top of the blower, thru the intercooler, and into the lower intake manifold.