Hawk Breakpads

RedStangGt99

Jul 21, 2004
NY
I recently put some Hawk breakpads on the rear of my stang. THey squeak so bad i cant take it anymore. Does anyone else have this problem with Hawks? THey claimed to be noiseless on the box. Anything i can do to stop the squeaking or i just have to change them?

on a more positive note i got my prochamber installed today and its amazing, love the sound and it definetly pulls harder

• Sponsors (?)

i've heard other complain about them squeking, mine only squek when im not fully applying the brakes and it doesnt bother me too much, not too loud. You applied the anti squell compound to the back of the pads right???

I am one of those unhappy squeakers. I changed them and it squeaked. I did everything right, from the blue disc brake quiet stuff to the caliper piston tool. Then after i couldnt take it anymore i resurfaced the brake rotors myself. Now they squeak only when cold but when theyre warm ALMOST no squeakage. So resurface the rotors either by yourself (if there is a lathe available for your use) or have like pep boys do it. it helps a bunch!

RedStangGt99 said:
THey claimed to be noiseless on the box.

No no no... they are noiseless in the box. In the box.

Mine squeek too. Plus one of my backing plates slid off and started grinding my rotor. :mad: Think next time I'll save the money get something at Midas.

I had some Hawk pads on my last car. They started squeaking after about 2 weeks. I pulled them out,roughed up the pad surface with some 60grit sandpaper, then went out and seated them properly. They never made a sound after that.