Roush Hawk HPS pads

spederman

Apr 13, 2005
Quick question guys. I've got the Saleen/Brembo 13 inch brakes on my 2002. I was going to go with the Hawk HPS pads, but what do i cross reference the pads with. Do i pick pads made for the cobra or is there a different part # for the Saleen/Brembo calipers. I only need the fronts. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

The Saleen 13" is one in the same as the Brembo 2000 Cobra R Gran Turismo 13" set up. I just installed another set and threw out the box.

Call Joe at 310-782-0063 for the part number.

The Hawks throw way less dust and are less squeaky than the Brembo pads. They have the same fade and stopping power as the Brembos unless you are actually running a dozen hot laps. The Brembo pads have a slight advantage at that point.

Ya,

But they are pricey compared to the Hawks! They are great pads though. The Porterfields are even more expensive for the Alcons. Don't I know it.

Bart,

Did you ever get a chance to change the pads in 94-0011? She sure was a beauty but the house was more important.

Mark at PAS has the R4S Porterfield cross part number for the Saleen/Alcons memorized.

There is no substitute for the OG Alcon pads in the Alcon calipers. Hands down the best set of front brakes I have ever owned. They throw huge amounts of dust though. The Porterfields for the Alcon calipers start to fade after some demanding conditions but threw hardly any dust. They work great for the street.

I'm on my 2nd set of Porterfield R4S pads on the Saleen. I liked them sooo much that I'm running R4S pads on my Excursion! Dust is minimal for daily driving, however driven hard they will start to throw dust.

I'll chime in ad also say the R4-S pads do great for the street. I ran them on the track and they did well but I felt the original Brembo pads did better on the track for faster stopping. I hate the brembo pads for the street, they throw dust out just backing out of the garage. The porterfields are great for low dust and grab awesome for the street for sure.