haynes and chilton

• Sponsors (?)

Per Haynes Site:
Q: Why can't I find a manual for my vehicle?
A: Two possible reasons: either it's too new, or the model range doesn't have enough vehicles. We don't normally produce manuals for vehicles less than two years old. And we can't consider doing a manual until there are enough vehicles on the road for us to cover the costs of developing one of our books(including the complete teardown and rebuild costs that we do before every book, and the time/ money to author and print the books).

Q: How long does it take to produce a Haynes manual?
A: From the time a vehicle arrives in our workshop to the time the manual is available is about 5 months. Writing a manual takes a team of technical authors roughly 3 months working with our Haynes mechanic during the vehicle teardown and rebuild, followed by production and printing prior to distribution to retail locations.

You can check to see if they have it available:

http://www.haynes.com/products/sfID1/3/sfID2/5/sfID3/38/listPage/2/productID/508

You'll want to check on the Chilton manual with their customer service.

Telephone:
1-800-648-7450 - 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Eastern Time

Chilton - To place an order or for purchasing questions and order tracking:
Phone: 1-800-347-7707
Fax 1-800-487-8488
Hours: 8 AM to 6 PM Eastern Time
Mail: Thomson Learning
Attn: Order Fulfillment
P.O. Box 6904
Florence, KY 41022

If I were you I'd order a factory manual. If you look near the back of your owners manual there is a phone number you can call to buy the factory stuff. The factory manuals are way better ,in my opinion, than haynes or chilton.

If I were you I'd order a factory manual. If you look near the back of your owners manual there is a phone number you can call to buy the factory stuff. The factory manuals are way better ,in my opinion, than haynes or chilton.

+1 I have them for both my 07 and my 88. I got them both for free so I am not sure how much they would cost (I got the CD and hardcopy)

If you are going to buy a paper manual, get the Helms manual. It puts the Chilton and Haynes manual to shame. You could stack 2 Chilton and 2 Haynes manual's on top of each other and they likely still won't be as thick as the Helm. Helm's manual is the factory manual and you might find it cheaper through them. I don't have their link handy...