Engine Head & Cam Swap Parts

Guys,

I just got the word my school is closing for 3 weeks starting Monday due to the virus. I'm gonna have some free time on my hands, and I'm gonna get my head swap done over this unexpected break. I have a carbed Ford GT40 crate motor that I'm upgrading to a roller cam and TFS TW170 heads (I know they're smallish head for the motor but I got an exceptional deal on them, and I'm on a budget, and they flow better then iron GT40's). Can I get recommendations and suggestions for parts I'm gonna need to buy for the swap (like head gaskets, pushrods brands etc) so I can get my ducks in a row. Any suggestions on parts/brands/part numbers would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim

• Sponsors (?)

"Found Time" is like "Found Money" Love it. I would be working my driveway extension project if my employer closed for 3 weeks. So, don't squander the opportunity if your mind is set to it, get it done.

1. Create a Progress Thread.
2. Create a good layout plan
3. Post pictures

Reactions: 1 users
Head gaskets Felpro 9333pt1
New ARP head bolts or studs if you plan on boosting in the future.
I used Trick Flow push rods, no problems, just measure for correct length.
Felpro steel core intake gaskets seem to be popular, not sure of part#.
Good time to change out the water pump and timing chain as well.
If it's not a roller block your going to need either link bar lifters or have the valley drilled to accept spider tray,
you'll need new lifters either way.

Placed my order with Summit today for pushrods, double springs, roller lifters, gaskets, 1.6 roller rockers, and a cam (XE274HR). Got my hoist and stand for the engine out, and will clean out the garage Saturday and Sunday for the move. I was really debating between the Stage 2 or 3 TFS grinds but thought the Comp Cams I picked up is a happy medium.