Head Cyclinders/intake Manifold For Speed Density ?

• Sponsors (?)

In terms of bolting them on your SD car, no worries unless you change out the cam or add bigger injectors. I currently have a cobra intake on my car and it runs like stock. Up until recently I was going to install GT40P heads.

As for the parts themselves, I can't comment on the heads, but $300+ for an explorer intake is nuts. You can pull one from a junkyard for $50, and buy one on CL for $100. Explorer 302 intakes on Ebay are heavily overpriced for some reason.

That intake was NEVER sold through Ford Racing. The 1993 Cobra and true GT40 intake were. That intake came off a Ford explorer sitting in a junkyard.

Last edited:
Mustang5L5, thanks for the response...btw.....I havent been on here in like 10 years.....your one of the members that helped out along with Masonozz and of course JRickler.....some things never change huh..haha

since my last 5.0 which i got rid of in 2005, i'have had a Lightning and C6 Corvette and Im back with a Red HatchBack/Automatic.

cant believe how these cars are beyond reliable and easy to work on, fast and cheap!

btw, hows the price on those head cyclinders I posted? $350 for new gt40 heads?

Last edited: