Head Swap - Is this a issue?..

Guys,

Any info would be much appreciated and I have inserted a couple of images and I also know this topic had been talked about many times.. However, my concern is I am swapping my Edelbrock Performer heads (emission legal) for a set of AFR 165 heads. Both the the Eldelbrocks and AFR's are direct out of the box with no upgrades. I am doing the swap since I have heard a lot of good things about the AFR heads and I am also running forced induction. But when I compare the heads side-by-side the exhaust port on the AFR's are noticeably smaller is shape, also more of a circular design than the Edelbrocks. When I lay the exhaust manifold gasket over the ports on the AFR's the gasket is not a match as is was the Edelbrocks or is with my headers. Can this be an issue with exhaust flow and should I have the exhaust ports modified on the AFR's to match the gasket?.:shrug:

Also, the valve springs on the AFR's are also noticeably smaller as well. I am using the E-303 cam so would the AFR springs handle this lift without floating?

Am I worrying about nothing and go ahead and install the AFR's or should I stick with the Edelbrocks..

AFR - 1A.jpg

AFR - 2A.jpg

• Sponsors (?)