head unit issue

irionman88

Jan 18, 2009
Ive had a new kenwood kdc-mp342u head unit laying around for awhile now and decided to install it yesterday in my 2008 ford mustang 4speaker. I went and purchased the dash kit, the antenna adapter and a scosche wiring harness all from best buy. This is the harness the techs there recommended. I soldered all the wires and hooked it up, but for some reason the radio would not turn on. If i attempted to eject a cd it would eject, but still nothing on the display would turn on. So i unhooked the igntion wire from the head unit and ran it straight to the battery. when i did the radio turned on just fine. I re-hooked up the factory head unit to check to see if i shorted something out and it turned on. then i went through and did a current test on the ignition wire on the factory headunit plug. I did not get any current from it. all other wires tested fine.

Has anyone else ran into a situation like this? All the techs ive talked to recommended hardwiring it to the ignition wire at the base of the ignition. Is there any other option because i do not want to cut any factory wires.

or does it require a pac module to install a headunit on a 08 mustang?

• Sponsors (?)