header flange bolts giving me a hard time

cb18201

Oct 25, 2003
CT
im installing my off road h-pipe and the header flange bolts where it connects the H-pipe will not come off, i got one off on one side but the other one on the same side will not come off, i am just using a regular ratchet right now. would an air gun ratchet help more? what should i do to loosen these bolts, also i do not want to break them but if i have to i will. thanks

• Sponsors (?)

cb18201 said:
im installing my off road h-pipe and the header flange bolts where it connects the H-pipe will not come off, i got one off on one side but the other one on the same side will not come off, i am just using a regular ratchet right now. would an air gun ratchet help more? what should i do to loosen these bolts, also i do not want to break them but if i have to i will. thanks

I'm sure you put the PB Blaster to em alrighty....Rather than break em, get some heat, like a torch or even those Map gas torchs Plumbers use...That'll do it no problem...I had the same problem....Put the heat to em, they'll come right off..

I took mine off this morning first timet he h-pipe has been off the car since i bought it. I used a sawzall sp?, and just cut the crap off, because mine is no good but i tried the pb blaster and wouldn't work so i am just gonna tak the bolt and nut to home depot or lowes and find on to replace it. (cut the bolt off btw not the H-pipe)lol

jason