Header Question

Matrich

Nov 14, 2016
Looking at catted x pipe and long tube headers from amarican racing headers for my 2013 v6 mustang. I was told bbk suk and not to go there so the only there place I can find is amarican racing headers I found a great set up anyone know. I have magnaflow cats back already

• Sponsors (?)

I would think there are other brands like Pypes, etc. Check Jegs, Summit, American Muscle, etc. to see what they offer for the V6.
One other thing to think about is that if the V6 is like the V8, it already has headers! There is not a lot to be gained unless you are doing forced induction and really need more exhaust output hence the longtube headers.

If you have put headers on a car before, you already know to be prepared to have to "easy out" some broken manifold bolts and replace them with new bolts. A real pain in the ass. Some things are better left alone unless there is a substantial gain. The only thing I ever noticed with new headers (versus stock exhaust manifolds) was a beefier exhaust note. I wasn't ever convinced it was worth all of the time and money I spent after I did it, but to each their own.