Headers To X Pipe

lt3355

Oct 20, 2014
looking to buy bbks ceramic shorty headers and put them with the pypes off road x pipe with pypes catback. my question is will the bbk shorties fit the pypes x pipe? thanks a lot guys.

• Sponsors (?)

If you have the Pypes XFM16 or XFM36, then yes, they will fit the BBK shorties. Now the real question, why? The x-pipe, good idea. Shorty headers, not so much. They don't do crap for these cars. They don't flow really any better than stock manifolds, but they can save some weight. As for power, you might as well buy a Tornado Turbonator for real power gains!

In all seriousness....if you NEED new mainfolds, and these are an insane deal get them. The effort that will go into installing them, with the cost vs performance, it just isn't worth it. Save your money for a set of Long Tubes, then you are talking. The Pypes X-pipe will fit with the stock manifolds. I ran with stock manifolds and a Bassani x-pipe until my total engine rebuild. Then I put on LTs.

Well I don't want long tubes scraping everywhere and fitment is a pain shortys will flow better than stock And make my motor my efficient and when I put my tuner with that it will be better than the stock setup. Also will tone up my exhaust some to !

Sorry, I shouldn't have told you NOT to get them, it is not my money, therefore, not my place to tell you what to do.

As for my long tubes, they have yet to scrape. My engine is dropped 1.5" for clearance, and the suspension is quite low. I have about 1-1.5" clearance between the tire and the fender, and about 6" of ground clearance at the side skirt. The flanges where my H-pipe and exhaust have hit, but not the headers.

Good luck, and hopefully you have better results than the others.