headers?

• Sponsors (?)

Well I've had every one you mentioned. So far the Long Tubes and Prochamber combo has been my favorite.

Here is a list of what I've owned:
Headers-BBK Unequals, MAC Equals and MAC Long Tubes.

Mid Pipes-BBK off road H-Pipe, MAC high flow catted H-Pipe, MAC off road H-pipe, Bassani off road X-Pipe and MAC Prochamber.

Cat Backs-Flowmaster Force II Kit (3 Chamber) and MAC Flowpath Kit.

I like my longtubes the best, because they eliminate 90% of the 2000 RPM drone. I don't think I would ever bother with equal-length shorties, since it makes plug access even harder than it already is.

Dave

I'm interested in the LT setup also, but I've often wondered what my options would be for the X/H pipe due to the emissions tests I've got to pass each year. I know the topic isn't emissions related, but maybe other struggle with that circumstance as I do.

Is it possible to pass emissions with a good LT, X/H pipe w/cats, and a decent catback? What brands would go together that would still provide a good sound? I can find the prices myself, but just wondering if someone else has already done the "trial and error."

Thanks.

Car Nut said:
Is it possible to pass emissions with a good LT, X/H pipe w/cats, and a decent catback? What brands would go together that would still provide a good sound?
As long as it's just a sniffer test, then you can pass no problem with LT's and cats. Some states frown upon only having two cats, since the car originally came with four (California comes to mind).

As for sound, I like the way mine sounds -- BBK LT's, Magnaflow catted H-pipe (cut to fit the LT's), MAC cat back. Whenever I run my O/R Dr. Gas X-pipe at the track, I get lots of compliments on the sound. But I come within two decibles of getting kicked off the track at 10pm :rlaugh:.

Dave

VibrantRedGT said:
With shorty headers stick to unequals. I've had both and with equals spark plug changes were a pain. Not worth it in my opinion.

Thanks alot. Ill go with unequals. Im obviously looking to buy some shorties soon and could you recomend me some good headers? I cant spend a fortune on these things either. Maybe $250 at the absolute maximum :shrug:. Thanks alot. By the way, stock engine and is probably going to stay that way for awhile. i.e leaving the same heads etc...

-Drew

which ones for eldebrock heads

i wanna buy some unequal headers for my stang...i have bassani catback and bassani o/r X pipe just wondering which ones would fit good on my eldebrock performers. price range around 250-275 also where can i purchase these at?

I would try Gene Evans Ford (gefracing.com), or Diversified... ect for the FRPP headers... They are one of the best quality headers for the money... Although, unequal length shorties are not rocket science... Everyone makes a header that will fit, and for most people, they have no problems with installation.

Since yoru Bassani Catback, and Xpipe were made for to fit with the stock exhaust components, then they will match up perfect with any 94/95 shorty available. Just find what you like (coatings, construction..ect) and run with it... Also, the performers are made as a stock replacement, so all the ports, bolt holes ect are in the same places... meaning the headers will bolt up nicely...

Good luck..