Heads/Cam/Intake Questions.

88MustangLX

Jul 29, 2003
Chilliwack BC
Ok I picked up a 306 engine with a b303 cam in it and I have a trickflow trackheat upper lower intake laying around. My question is, would twisted wedge heads work with this cam? I know they say some combos dont require flycut pistons but would this combo work? How about an E303 cam? Thanks. Im really trying to go all trickflow if possible. If not I guess I'll go edelbrock performer RPM. :canflag: Also anyone have opinions on the b303 cam? This combo is also going to be under 9psi of boost I forgot to mention.

• Sponsors (?)

Lift has nothing to do with clearance problems. Its the duration of the cam that poses a problem. I always thought that the twisted wedge heads required different piston notch location cause of there valve locations. Maybe i am wrong.

You can listen to what people tell you about the clearance issues but the only way to be safe is to check. Every combo is different and you should always check p/v clearance. There are a few ways to do it.

I just looked on the Trick flow site and it says something about not needing to flycut the pistons with the listed cams....and there is no cams listed???

The best thing to do is call or write Trick flow and see what cams you can use and whether or not flycutting is required. They would know best.