Heard Ford might be SOLD on CNBC

Yea I keep bringing Israel Up,,,But you cannot answer my question if Iran gets Bombed what
will Oil prices be????
I also have no agenda but passing on what I heard.You think I remember everyone
that was talking about GM going out of business in the next few years on Cnbc or Bloomberg and their stock at $11.21 with a 50 year low???
Geeee i didnot think I was a liberal ???I feel lets open the market some more.

Yep that is right Ford will be making most or all their cars in Mexico thats if they are still in business.
As I said before,Let Ford go BK11 or BK7 and fire everyone and reopen and hire only mexicans lol.
I would hate to have National health care ,you will wipe out social security(or was that the immigration bill?}National health care will put companys like Merck and all the others not to develope new medicines.
Back to Ford,I think I will be driving a Chinese Stang Gt soon lol.....................................

• Sponsors (?)

IMHO, I believe you'll see Ford merge with either GM or Chrysler, before ever being sold to the Chinese or Korea.

However I remain confident that Alan Mullally will continue doing very well as CEO, and will continue to bring FoMoCo back, one day at a time.

And yes, I've always remained a die hard/loyal Ford owner, who does have faith in both his country, and that FoMoCo will survive this crisis, just as it's survived crises during the great depression, WWII, and the Arab Oil Embargo crisis of 73-74 :flag:

Yea I keep bringing Israel Up,,,But you cannot answer my question if Iran gets Bombed what
will Oil prices be????
that was talking about GM going out of business in the next few years on Cnbc or Bloomberg and their stock at $11.21 with a 50 year low???

Yep that is right Ford will be making most or all their cars in Mexico thats if they are still in business.
As I said before,Let Ford go BK11 or BK7 and fire everyone and reopen and hire only mexicans lol.
I would hate to have National health care ,you will wipe out social security(or was that the immigration bill?}National health care will put companys like Merck and all the others not to develope new medicines.
Back to Ford,I think I will be driving a Chinese Stang Gt soon lol.....................................

Maybe it's just me, but it seems from your tone, that you're hoping Ford goes out of business.

As it also seems you never have anything positive to post, but instead have posted nothing but negative remarks, in which you've always bashed FoMoCo in some form or another.

As a matter of fact, ever since you became a member of this website. I can't recall ever reading a single post, in which you've posted anything positive about FoMoCo whatsoever.

So my question is this: If your so dissatisfied with Ford as a company, then why bother owning Mustangs in the first place ?

I mean geez, just because Ford is going through some really rough economic times right now, doesn't mean their products are less superior than what Toyota, Nissan, or VW is putting out. In fact, I personally believe that Ford is matching, if not exceeding the Japanese in overall quality and workmanship in their vehicles, such as the Focus, Fusion, and Edge.

The bottom line is: the current economic crisis is effecting everyone, and not just FoMoCo. As both GM, and Chrysler are also effected as well.

So If you looking for somebody to bash, you should really be bashing George W. Bush for getting the U.S involved in a war, in which he had absolutely no business getting us involved with, in the first place. Which is the main reason why gas prices are now over $4.00 per gallon at the pump.

Why do you think the value of the U.S dollar continues to diminish ? it's because were spending billions upon billions of dollars to fund George W's dumb war, instead of investing that money right here at home, towards creating alternative fuel sources, thus becoming totally independent of foreign oil.

Think about this: what was the average price of gas before our buddy George W. started the Iraq war ? IIRC, it was well under $1.99 per gallon at the pump.

So why don't you do yourself, and everyone else on this website a huge favor. Bash the people that are responsible for causing this entire mess to begin with, instead of bashing the Ford Motor Company !

Geeee I have been on this site since 2005........
Maybe I should give Ford a little slack?
Naaaaa I don't hope ford or GM goes out of business,Where would I get my Stang Gts from in the future lol.
I just hate when people Suck up to a company that cares little about you.
Yep I mean the dealers that screwed the people that bought a 2005 Stang Gt at OVER Msrp.
Yep you will tell me its the market,and I will tell you lets open the market more here in the states.
I think Toyota, Nissan and Honda make great cars,and so do Ford and GM.
But with Ford and GM paying pensions and healthcare to the people that are retired puts a big pirice on every car we buy from Ford or Gm.
GM was making their money on their Trucks and nothing on their cars for the last few years.
Now GM is screwed,unless you think different?
Yep I think Bush is a Smuck
You think McCain or Obama will make a differance?(naaaa}
Gas prices were surposed to get lower when the Dems took over the congress,but I guess that was bushs fault for the last 2 years?
Yep I do think it was a mistake to go into Iraq
But since we are there we will never leave.
Since the economy sucks,,,Buy all the stocks yeaaaaa can.
Because by years end or early 2009 you will make be making lots of money.
Don't buy Auto stocks or airlines stocks.

Geeee I have been on this site since 2005........
Maybe I should give Ford a little slack?
Naaaaa I don't hope ford or GM goes out of business,Where would I get my Stang Gts from in the future lol.
I just hate when people Suck up to a company that cares little about you.
Yep I mean the dealers that screwed the people that bought a 2005 Stang Gt at OVER Msrp.
Yep you will tell me its the market,and I will tell you lets open the market more here in the states.
I think Toyota, Nissan and Honda make great cars,and so do Ford and GM.
But with Ford and GM paying pensions and healthcare to the people that are retired puts a big pirice on every car we buy from Ford or Gm.
GM was making their money on their Trucks and nothing on their cars for the last few years.
Now GM is screwed,unless you think different?
Yep I think Bush is a Smuck
You think McCain or Obama will make a differance?(naaaa}
Gas prices were surposed to get lower when the Dems took over the congress,but I guess that was bushs fault for the last 2 years?
Yep I do think it was a mistake to go into Iraq
But since we are there we will never leave.
Since the economy sucks,,,Buy all the stocks yeaaaaa can.
Because by years end or early 2009 you will make be making lots of money.
Don't buy Auto stocks or airlines stocks.

Not that it really matters, but according to Stangnet you became an official member of this website in May of 2006, and not 2005. But never the less, you've been a member for over 2 years.

At any rate, it's nice to know that your not hoping Ford goes out of business, but once again. When I read comments such as your next Stang being made by the Chinese along with Ford going out of business. How else could I not be under the impression that you were in favor of it, in which I really didn't know what else to think :shrug:

As for those certain dealers that screwed their customers who purchased 2005 Mustang GT's over MSRP. Well of course that made me angry as well, but I also didn't blame the entire Ford Motor Co. for just what some of their greedy dealers were truly responsible for in the first place. My solution, was that I shopped around until I found a dealer who was able to offer my 2005 GT at MSRP.

In fact being that mine was a factory ordered, fully loaded premium coupe. I actually paid below MSRP at $27,110.00 including an additional 4 yr. ESP premium care warranty in November of 2004. It's just a matter of finding a good dealer who really wants to earn your business.

As for Ford, and GM paying pensions/health care to their retirees. Well I can definitely support paying them pensions, as most good companies do for their employees that provided them with so many years of loyal service, however IMO retired employees should be responsible for paying for their own health care coverage, or at least half of it.

As for gas prices being lowered 2 years after the Dems took over ? Once again we can blame OPEC, the oil companies, and the billions of $$$ to continue funding the IRAQ war.

And finally, I also did mention previously that both GM, and Chrysler are also effected by the current economic crisis as well. :flag:

will Oil prices be????

What will oil prices be if Iran nukes Israel?

The price of oil would be the least of our worries. WW3 would ensue.

Iran has stated several times that Israel will "be wiped off the map". We have no reason to doubt them.

A nuclear exchange in the middle east would destroy vast oil supplies, forever spiking the price of oil.

If Israel destroys the Iranian nuclear capabilities oil will quickly bounce to 200 plus dollars a barrel but would soon come down because the oil hoarding and threats by Iran that result in oil price spikes would end.

I was on this site in 2005,,,but I signed up in 2006.
To me I agree if you work for a company and they give you a pension and healthcare then you should get it till you die.But the way the car companys are they will be changing that.
Look at oil today Price increse will be felt in about 2 - 3 weeks.I also hate paying high oil prices but this is going to be a way of life....

Mustangford289
I feel we should wipe out Iran and their people.
Then we will have all the oil lol.
What is China and russia going to do???
They will show that they are annoyed for a few months.They will get over it.
Lets get rid of the headache(iran}

Ford still has one piece of fat to trim. MERCURY.

All they need is Ford and Lincoln. There is your base and step up brands. Mercury has never made sense and is a waste of resources. Move some mid sized sedans and SUVs from their UK models over to Lincoln and kill Merc for godsake!

I mean a lot of ex-Ford buyers "step-up" to the bastard child of Mazda as is. Mercury is just sucking down cash.

GM was brave enough to kill Olds.....now they need to kill Buick (in the US only, the brand does VERY well in China of all places)

Merc

Does Mercury make any money? I never thought much about them....seems as though the older crowd likes Merc over ford....Most of the Mercs Ive looked at seem to be just loaded Fords with a different emblem....

I loved my 2002 Mountaineer AWD. It was great looking, and had high quality components. But, when it came time for a new truck, I went with the Explorer simply on price. It was just too much more for the Merc version. Mercs are definitely geared towards older people, for the most part. I know Ford keeps them alive because they're a long standing name as well, but times are tough. Instead of having a whole separate division, just make a few additional trim levels.

Basic History 101

Uh, yeah they have. The entire middle east has been against Jews for all of time and nobody has wiped anybody out yet. My guess is that it doesn't happen.

Being against Israel is clearly different than being at war...do you see the distinction?

I dont know what to say...Google it? Read a history book? Israel has on fought its bordering neighbors, and Egypt.

Never Iran. Iranians are Persians not Arabs.

1948 War of Independence

1956 Sinai Campaign

1967 Six-Day War

1973 Yom Kippur War

Lebanon, Gaza, Syria...they battle on occasion but as police actions or defense measures....

I find the Jewish people are he best
They would never screw yea when they owe you money.
Everyone wlse will try and screw yeaaaaaaa.
Lets already blow Iran up and take all the oil we can fit into our
5 gal gas cans

I think basically all the American made car companies are in a world of hurt

Merrill Lynch announced that GMs stocks are in trouble - first time they have been valued under 10 bucks since the mid 50s

Chrysler is also having a lot of trouble

but when you think about it, they need to make some good business decisions

As much as I liked the muscle car Oldsmobiles of days gone by, it was the right decision to axe that brand ... and I think GM needs to axe another one of their companies right now

And tell me this: WHY WHY WHY do companies make the same (BASICALLY the same) vehicle and sell it under a different brand name ? Whats the diff between a Chevy 1/2 ton and a GMC 1/2 ton ? .... ok besides the price and some trim ???

Remember when the Mustang and the Mercury Capri were basically the same ?

Mopar used to have the Plymouth Voyager mini van, the Dodge Caravan and the Chrysler Town and Country .... waste waste waste IMHO

do they reallllllly need to make the same vehicles with different name plates on them ?

I don't think they are going to tank soon, but I think the American Auto makers need to take a good hard look at what products are making it, and which ones are not, cut out some duplication of effort and then have the guts to say -
sounds heartless, but it makes business sense IMHO

Chrysler got a bail out from the Government in '79, but I don't think the Gov't (no matter what party is in office) is going to have the money to bail out FORD, GM and CHRYSLER this time around

If you have been building a this car or that truck etc and it's not selling and hasn't sold well for the last 5 years - so its time to either revamp the model or drop it - and move on

and again IMO

they should have been making these decisions YEARS ago