Heatercore replace coolant low

Blown SVT#177

Nov 14, 2002
Wichita Ks
Replaced heatercore last weekend but still strong odar of antifreeze when you turn heat on but no green fog lol or wet floor boards:nonono: AND its not leaking anywhere outside i see dont think its a bad heatercore guess could be but doubt it .... Any thoughts?? or suggestions

• Sponsors (?)

did u clean the heater box assembly out because if any is left in there you will still get a strong smell. is it a constant smell? or does it go away?

k i see the drain thinking about pulling dash and heatercore/ heaterbox back out and cleaning again but what is the foam pad looking thing in the box that the heatercore sits above ???? Do i need to remove it and clean under it?

heres a link that should help.i did mine over the weekend and it toke a total of 4.5 hours.not my first one but its not to bad of a job.i dropped the steering column as low as it goes and after i loosen the heater box i jamed a cordless screwdriver in there to give me some more space to work.i also have this little skill corldess ratchet that helped alot. good luck phil
Mustang