HEIDT's Rear 4-Link& sub-frame connectors

Heres the Martz 4 link, it is the best
193162.jpg

You weld in two cross members
193893.jpg

194867.jpg

196539.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Another intelligent post with backed up info. Have you looked at the unit? Did you talk to R&C?

I talked to Heidts and looked at the unit, I sent it back. The quality was not even close. The R&C unit had much higher grade components and it built to a high standard. I also chose to weld mine in for added strength. I was also impressed with R&C's front end which is why I choose them after seeing the quality of the Heidt's unit.

Now Reen said he drove in a car with this unit and he liked it, but no one has driven in the a car with the R&C unit; so I'd wait until others check it out before you rip it.

sorry but any rear suspension that uses 3 tiny bolts mounted in single shear for mounting the upper link bars to the diff housing isn't going anywhere near my car and i won't knowingly ride in one equipped that way either. how much more tech do you want? i'm sure i could up with more but once i saw that i was immediately and permanently apalled and never looked a whole lot further than that.

Heres the Martz 4 link, it is the best

It looks nice and strong for sure. But it's just a parallel 4-link with an awfully short Panhard bar. Why are you so convinced it's the best? Best for what? Drag racing maybe, which is probably appropriate given your monster engine.

Given how certain you are that it's the best I would think you'd have some reasons.

What about Griggs Racing rear setup?

AutoCross.jpg

Front and rear kit = $9,769.05
http://www.griggsracing.com/product_info.php?cPath=20_1080&products_id=505

Rear only = $3,104.60
http://www.griggsracing.com/product_info.php?cPath=10_1030_2065_3960&products_id=447

29.jpg

I wish I could afford it, Griggs racing is a tried and true setup put to the test on the race track.

A torque arm/watts link combo is arguably the best setup for road racing.

Now if you only plan on drag racing then this probably has no interest to you.

Pics of classic stangs:
http://www.griggsracing.com/extra_info_pages.php?pages_id=13

Attachments

• AutoCross.jpg
    AutoCross.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 87
the Griggs system is awesom for sure but too damn much money and i hate the 8.8" rear, i'll stick with my 9" thank you very much, now if someone ever comes out with a hybrid 9" that uses the 8.8 gearset similar to the strange engineering setup that uses chevy 12 bolt gearset i might consider it, but i hate c-clip axles and i really like the drop-out 3rd member of my 9" inefficient as it is but it's still almost bullet proof even in stock form.

now if was starting out with a six banger car or something that originally had an 8" rear i might consider an 8.8" but as it is both of my cars have the 9"

the Griggs system is awesom for sure but too damn much money and i hate the 8.8" rear, i'll stick with my 9" thank you very much, now if someone ever comes out with a hybrid 9" that uses the 8.8 gearset similar to the strange engineering setup that uses chevy 12 bolt gearset i might consider it, but i hate c-clip axles and i really like the drop-out 3rd member of my 9" inefficient as it is but it's still almost bullet proof even in stock form.

now if was starting out with a six banger car or something that originally had an 8" rear i might consider an 8.8" but as it is both of my cars have the 9"

Why would you want to use anything other than the 9" gear set? The Ford consumes about 5-7% of the torque due to the low (and thereby stronger) engagement of the rign-pinion. If you look at the gear you will see that more than 1 tooth is engaged all the time. While this uses more power it IS stronger....AND lighter than either the Chevy-12-bolt or the Dans 60. Plus you have far-far more ratios available. And it cost less to build if you are going to build the Chevy to the same strength.

There is a very good reason most racers and street rodders use the 9"....it is just plain BETTER. Same with the top-loader vs any other stock 4-speed.

Why would you want to use anything other than the 9" gear set? The Ford consumes about 5-7% of the torque due to the low (and thereby stronger) engagement of the rign-pinion. If you look at the gear you will see that more than 1 tooth is engaged all the time. While this uses more power it IS stronger....AND lighter than either the Chevy-12-bolt or the Dans 60. Plus you have far-far more ratios available. And it cost less to build if you are going to build the Chevy to the same strength.

There is a very good reason most racers and street rodders use the 9"....it is just plain BETTER. Same with the top-loader vs any other stock 4-speed.

i wouldn't change the 9' rear in any of my cars for anything, i was just saying that the Strange center chunk with the 12 bolt gears is more efficient, no, it's not quite as strong as the 9" but a lot of the 9's strength comes from the the way the way the pinion is mounted more than where it's mounted, though the lower mounting does help. the Strange housing still mounts the 12 bolt pinion the same way the 9" pinion is mounted just higher up so it's more efficient.

there's just no pleasing you, though, is there. we talk about ford motors and cars and you always say that the chevy's are better, then i bring up the chevy gears and you're all over me about how the ford gears are better. i don't get you at all, dude.

BTW, if you'll re-read what i wrote you'll see i was saying that i was wishing someone would do something similar to the Strange setup but with Ford 8.8 gears instead of the checy 12 bolt gears.

there's just no pleasing you, though, is there. we talk about ford motors and cars and you always say that the chevy's are better, then i bring up the chevy gears and you're all over me about how the ford gears are better. i don't get you at all, dude.

Well, maybe if YOU read all my posts you would see that I, unlike most others on this forum are not blinded by the light of ANY manufacturer. I've pointed-out Chevy's problem with the 3/8" rod bolts and weak rockers on the BB. I also pointed out the lack of support by Ford and Chrysler and the too short rods in the Ford BOSS-302. The FACT that the SBC was a better engine than the SBF is not in doubt. The FACT that the Ford 9" and toploader were better than their counterparts is also not in doubt. Why do you think most of the reallly fast Chevyu's on the street ran toploaders and 9"r's.

I call them like I see them. Just like most other REAL auto enthusiasts do. Now, if you want to go through life believing Ford is perfect, fine. But here in upstate SC we just had ANOTHER early Mustang gas tank fire fatality and the Taurus that hit them was only going about 15 mph at impact. It didn't even buckle the rear quarter panels and the front damage where it hit the car in front of it didn't buckle the front fender, but the fire engulfed the passenger compartment and killed the driver.

Care to talk about automatic transmissions?

Ron, RRS has changed the design of torque arm and the way it mounts, it has a link similar to the TCP pushrod rear suspension's link now and they have also redesigned the way it mounts to the rearend, so that should take some, though probably not all, of the bind out of the system.

I did just hear back from RRS and they do have what they call an "over-centre" link mounted at the front of the torque arm. I asked for pics and they'll send them. I'm assuming it's like the dogbone at the front of the TCP torque arm.

Well, maybe if YOU read all my posts you would see that I, unlike most others on this forum are not blinded by the light of ANY manufacturer. I've pointed-out Chevy's problem with the 3/8" rod bolts and weak rockers on the BB. I also pointed out the lack of support by Ford and Chrysler and the too short rods in the Ford BOSS-302. The FACT that the SBC was a better engine than the SBF is not in doubt. The FACT that the Ford 9" and toploader were better than their counterparts is also not in doubt. Why do you think most of the reallly fast Chevyu's on the street ran toploaders and 9"r's.

I call them like I see them. Just like most other REAL auto enthusiasts do. Now, if you want to go through life believing Ford is perfect, fine. But here in upstate SC we just had ANOTHER early Mustang gas tank fire fatality and the Taurus that hit them was only going about 15 mph at impact. It didn't even buckle the rear quarter panels and the front damage where it hit the car in front of it didn't buckle the front fender, but the fire engulfed the passenger compartment and killed the driver.

Care to talk about automatic transmissions?

man i sure wish someone would ban you sorry ass. you come here and talk crap to all the MUSTANG ENTHUSIASTS on this board and i for one am sick and tired of your BS.:Zip2:

But here in upstate SC we just had ANOTHER early Mustang gas tank fire fatality and the Taurus that hit them was only going about 15 mph at impact. It didn't even buckle the rear quarter panels and the front damage where it hit the car in front of it didn't buckle the front fender, but the fire engulfed the passenger compartment and killed the driver.

I can't find this story on the intardnet - care to provide a link?