HEIDT's Rear 4-Link& sub-frame connectors

• Sponsors (?)

bnickel,

I noticed the other day on TCP's site that they had the Cougar option listed. Figured you had saw it already. Didn't know you hadn't or else I would have msg'd you about it. I love TCP but damn they're prices are a wee bit high.

Reen,

Thanks for that info. I'm not looking to make it a dedicated track car but I've had so many issues hooking w/ just 300-350 hp that I know I will when I bump it up to 500 or so.

no, the G-Bar system for the cougar is not listed right now, they have 2 different rear suspension setups; their own pushrod-coilover system (the one you mentioned) for like $5000 and they also have the have the G-Bar system which is basically the Air Ride Air Bar system but with coilovers instead of bags, it's only about $1500 and they don't have that one for the cougars yet.

I just got off the phone with TCP regarding the new G-Bar. They are going to unveil the new setup at SEMA. They will discontinue the old version and the new version will have a couple of updates. It is "beefier" and you have the option of 3 different links. The have links that are similiar to the existing one (poly bushings) or spherical rod ends to help with binding. He said the price is going to be about $100 more on the base kit and we didn't talk about pricing on the other kits. You will still be able to get the old version via air ride technologies air bags system. It sounds good and I can't wait to see it on my car later this winter.:D One final thing, he said they will have a sway bar and are looking into pre made tailpipes for rear exit exhaust. View attachment 355563

yep, that's the one and this is the one that will be available for the cougars as well. the old G-bar and air ride systems didn't have an option for the cougar and according to our buddy at TCP this new version will be available for the cougars, i can't wait personally. it's a little more than the Heidts kit but i think it's a better system overall.

i'v toyed around with the idea of using the G-bar on the 69 cougar project but possibly modifying it later with a TCP torque link and a Fays2 or Evoltuion watt's link and deleting the upper links on the G-Bar to make my own 3 link/torque arm suspension out of it but i'll have to wait until i actually get the G-bar system and do some figuring to see if it's even possible.

My friend and I were discussing the Heidt's and wondering about instant center adjustment. It looks like there is a 2nd set of holes for the upper link but not sure about the bottom. Just wondering about peoples thoughts on this subject?

My friend and I were discussing the Heidt's and wondering about instant center adjustment. It looks like there is a 2nd set of holes for the upper link but not sure about the bottom. Just wondering about peoples thoughts on this subject?
I called them about this yesterday as a matter of fact. I'm quite sure he didn't understand what I was saying. Everytime I asked where the imaginary lines crossed (he duidn't seem to know what IC was), he would tell me the bar don't cross. I asked if an imaginary line was drawn as an extension thru th ebars, would they cross. Then he said they don't. So I don't know.But looking at the pic, it does look like they would cross/ But I can't tell where the IC would be. Does look like it would be low though.

I called them about this yesterday as a matter of fact. I'm quite sure he didn't understand what I was saying. Everytime I asked where the imaginary lines crossed (he duidn't seem to know what IC was), he would tell me the bar don't cross. I asked if an imaginary line was drawn as an extension thru th ebars, would they cross. Then he said they don't. So I don't know.But looking at the pic, it does look like they would cross/ But I can't tell where the IC would be. Does look like it would be low though.

These are the same guys who called a trapaziod an unequal parallel-o-gram.
But I do like their IRS and their 4-link....the latter with some reinforcement at the shock mount.

I saw some pictures of it on www.corner-carvers.com

You claim to be unbiased towards different brands (which I think is great), but you make it sound like you think Ford sucks, although that may just be the way you put it in words. Others are a bit overly sensitive towards any negative Ford comment though :D

I am the most unbiased car person you will ever meet. I've owned Fords, Chevys, Triumphs, Hondas, Nissan, and BMW, Norton, Hodaka, Yamaha and Harley-Davidson motorcycles and liked them all. Do you want to know what was their worst/best assets? Ask me, I'll tell you. If you want to discuss cars, motorcycles, sail boats, stereos, guns or anything else I want it to be an unbiased endevor. If you are blind to the facts/truth then you don't need to be talking to me because I call them as I see them. NONE of the manufactureres are perfect....most are far from it. All are interested in the bottom line. The ones who are obsessed with the short term are the worst. As I see it all the Americans were more so than the Japenese or M-B. And BMW is one of the worst when it comes to "we can do no wrong" I've ever seen..both the car and motorcycle side of the house.
GM seems to have seen the light earlier than Ford and Chrysler have. But I think it may be too late for Ford.
As I've said, I like these old Mustangs. But I will not ignore their short comings. Nor will I ignore those of GM and Chrysler. You have to remember Chevy sold 3,000,000 cars annually back in the day. There was a valid reason for that.
Some here don't like hearing that. Too damn bad. They need thicker skin.

I am the most unbiased car person you will ever meet. I've owned Fords, Chevys, Triumphs, Hondas, Nissan, and BMW, Norton, Hodaka, Yamaha and Harley-Davidson motorcycles and liked them all. Do you want to know what was their worst/best assets? Ask me, I'll tell you. If you want to discuss cars, motorcycles, sail boats, stereos, guns or anything else I want it to be an unbiased endevor. If you are blind to the facts/truth then you don't need to be talking to me because I call them as I see them. NONE of the manufactureres are perfect....most are far from it. All are interested in the bottom line. The ones who are obsessed with the short term are the worst. As I see it all the Americans were more so than the Japenese or M-B. And BMW is one of the worst when it comes to "we can do no wrong" I've ever seen..both the car and motorcycle side of the house.
GM seems to have seen the light earlier than Ford and Chrysler have. But I think it may be too late for Ford.
As I've said, I like these old Mustangs. But I will not ignore their short comings. Nor will I ignore those of GM and Chrysler. You have to remember Chevy sold 3,000,000 cars annually back in the day. There was a valid reason for that.
Some here don't like hearing that. Too damn bad. They need thicker skin.

jesus christ...how many times do we have to say it, this is a mustang forum we come here to talk about mustangs and only mustangs we don't give a **** about other makes and if we do we discuss them on other boards except maybe cougars or falcons, torinos and fairlanes which are all related to the mustang. this IS NOT a bmw, gm, chrysler, japanese or any other damn car forum, it's for mustangs and we all get tired of hearing about your opinions of other cars, this is not the place for it. you really are a troll.

i motion to have mikethedike banned anyone want to second that motion? i'll even email Matt personally.

jesus christ...how many times do we have to say it, this is a mustang forum we come here to talk about mustangs and only mustangs we don't give a **** about other makes and if we do we discuss them on other boards except maybe cougars or falcons, torinos and fairlanes which are all related to the mustang. this IS NOT a bmw, gm, chrysler, japanese or any other damn car forum, it's for mustangs and we all get tired of hearing about your opinions of other cars, this is not the place for it. you really are a troll.

i motion to have mikethedike banned anyone want to second that motion? i'll even email Matt personally.

Oh, my...did I upset you? Too bad. Maybe you don't remember this started when someone was talking about putting a BOSS 302 in a car and I advised aganist it based on having owned one for 4 years back when it was a new car and what I learned about the short comings of that engine.
YOU and others are either uanable or unwilling to accept anything but 'good' things about Fords. It's people such as you who prevent a product from being as good as it could be because people like you are unwilling to tell the manufacturer that they aren't doing as well as their compitition. Therefor you and ones of your ilk are one of the major contributors in keeping Ford (or whoever) from catching and passing the other guy. If it was not for people like myself who bitched and bitched to them for years (20) they would have never done anything.
So, go to the moderator and cry that I say things about Fords that you don't want to hear. Why not call Mr. France and cry to him that he's preventing Ford from winning enough races.

Oh, my...did I upset you? Too bad. Maybe you don't remember this started when someone was talking about putting a BOSS 302 in a car and I advised aganist it based on having owned one for 4 years back when it was a new car and what I learned about the short comings of that engine.
YOU and others are either uanable or unwilling to accept anything but 'good' things about Fords. It's people such as you who prevent a product from being as good as it could be because people like you are unwilling to tell the manufacturer that they aren't doing as well as their compitition. Therefor you and ones of your ilk are one of the major contributors in keeping Ford (or whoever) from catching and passing the other guy. If it was not for people like myself who bitched and bitched to them for years (20) they would have never done anything.
So, go to the moderator and cry that I say things about Fords that you don't want to hear. Why not call Mr. France and cry to him that he's preventing Ford from winning enough races.

what good is bitching to ford going to do for a classic mustang? they've already built them and they'll never build them again. again i say this forum is for classic mustangs and not anything else. if i have a problem with me new Escape, guess what i bitch to Ford and they'll listen if enough people complain. i don't own a new mustang though i own a classic and you're tirades have nothing at all to contibute to bettering the breed as far the olds cars go. we don't want to listen to you bashing our favorite cars here, if you want top bash an early mustang go to your camaro or vette forum and do it there. if you have something positive to say about the classic stang then post it but i have yet to see you post anything at all posistive about these cars only what's wrong with them, i think we're all aware of their faults and there are solutions available for pretty much all of them but still all you do is bitch about the cars. go away or i'll do my best to make sure someone sends you away.