Hellion power and required/recommended upgrades?

ridezx6r

Sep 18, 2006
Hey all,
I've got my sportbike on ebay right now and I'm planning on picking up an 05+ Mustang GT 5 speed to replace it. After I buy it (over the winter likely) I'd be planning on purchasing the Hellion single turbo kit for the car. I'd like to see about 450whp from the car (from what I've read, as long as it has a good tune this is possible on the stock motor) and I'd like to know what upgrades people recommend for this power level. I knwo the kit doesn't include a fuel pump upgrade, so I'd be doing an upgraded fuel pump (not sure what pump it takes - any suggestions?) and a clutch sounds like a good idea too to cope with the extra power.
I'd plan on a boost controller, boost gauge, oil pressure gauge and most likely a wideband as well. I plan on tuning with a person I trust (most likely with SCT). I'll be doing the suspension and brakes before I add the turbo kit.
What else would you guys recommend (engine/driveline related) that I might've left out?

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

If you're spending that kind of money, why not step up the tranny to a T56 6 speed? It will handle the power plus get you better streetability and mileage.