Hello All New To The Site Looking For Help

Lourdalfe

Mar 1, 2016
So what I've done is put the running gear from a 87 Lincoln Town car except the long block is 89 gt mustang roller so my problem is trying to figure out how to hook up the wiring from the harness to the fuel pump wiring I've ran it through the car to the firewall but not sure what wires need to be hooked up if anyone has done this advice would be great oh this is all in a 65 mustang thanks Al

• Sponsors (?)

What year mustang and is it the original mustang wiring? If its original wiring then you'll have to find a switch circuit (powered only when ignition key is on) and probably wired with a relay. I can post pics of how the circuit would be wired with a relay if that sounds like the way you want to go.

I have the complete harness from the 87 Lincoln going into my 65 including relays looking at that site I did see something I didn't think about the firing order for a roller motor is different so I'm going to have to rearrange the plug in for the injectors good thing the have a diagram

Some Lincolns also had the HO engine so make sure about your firing order. You 89gt motor firing order should be 13726548.
As for the fuel pump wiring I'm assuming you're using an aftermarket electric pump? I would start by taking a multi meter at the plug on your harness where it used to plug into the Lincoln fuel pump and see which wire has 12 volts with the key on, that would go to the red or hot wire on your pump. if I remember right the Lincolns added inertia switches and fuel level switches that can interrupt power? Are you using those as well?

Last edited:
No I used a 89 gt fuel pump and how I did that the mustang shop here in washington did a modded tank for a guy and that guy never pick it up so I bought it for 80 bucks so I replaced fuel lines tank and filter to go to the efi setup I've ran the wiring to the fuel pump through the car to the firewall by where I put the pcm under the dash I've rewire the car to take the newer style alternator and surp belt all I got to do now is wire in the ignition lead to the pcm and figure out what wires go to the fuel pump from the stock relay

Yes I'm using a inertia switch but looking at the wiring diagram from the Lincoln book I don't see a fuel level switch my biggest problem is because I didn't remove this drive train I don't know where wires hook up at so I'm not sure what plug is for the fuel pump the other thing is I'm not sure how to tell if the Lincoln engine is the ho engine or not I do know the are clips keeping the lifters from spinning

So it turns out that the engine I have setting on the floor of my car port is a roller motor and that makes the wiring and firing order from the Lincoln the right stuff I need to put on the 89 gt motor so I'll have to check the idea number on the block but I may have a roller motor for sale :)