Hello From Ca With A '68 In Progress

Jul 24, 2017
Hello!

My dad and I are working on getting our 1968 inline 6 back up and running. I received the car in '08 but after a lot of life happened this project has been on the back burner. WE are starting to get back into it and it should be up and running by the end of the year.

Currently it is in New Mexico with my dad and I live in CA. My dad is the mechanical and I am just trying to learn as much as I can since the car will be with me in CA once complete.

I have a post up in the tech already for a carb question I have so please check that out if you have a chance. I am also needing help on getting the car registered in CA from CO so any advice on that is welcomed.

IMG_7430.JPG
IMG_7431.JPG

Thanks for reading,
Drake

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Nice car and take advantage of any advice you can get from your Dad. I hear you about life getting in the way, in the past 5 years, I've moved twice and don't get as much car time as I'd like. But like you, we all do what we can, when we can and enjoy it as you can. Welcome to Stangnet!

Reactions: 1 user
Nice car! FWIW, two 6-cyl. engines were offered, a 170 cu. in., and 200, both being basically the same externally. They were somewhat unique in that the intake manifold was cast integrally with the head, one piece. They were fairly staunch engines, which had no chronic difficulties that I can recall.

Enjoy your work! imp

Reviving this welcome post from a year ago with an update.

The car has made it to CA in April 2018! What a glorious day it was.

I have learned a lot about this car and I still have a lot to learn.

I was able to get it titled in CA no problem with a little help, if anyone has a question on that and lives in southern California let me know and I will be happy to help.

Here are a couple pictures I will upload some more later.

Attachments

• IMG_8156.JPG
    IMG_8156.JPG
    375.4 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_8273.JPG
    IMG_8273.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_8279.jpg
    IMG_8279.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_8296.jpg
    IMG_8296.jpg