Hello from Texas. I am an old Street Rod builder who got serious about Mustangs years ago.

My present ride is a 1965 Mustang coupe SIX...YES, SIX! Much modified but not for racing, for cruising in STYLE. It can hold its own on the road with anything but an all-out racer. The 200 SIX is .060 over, mild cam, lifters, pushrods, hotter ignition, free-flowing exhaust and a 2-barrel replaces the old 1-barrel. About 30 more HP but still gets 25 mpg. The suspension has gas shocks, Monte Carlo bar, Export brace, rear sway bar, 15" wheels, front discs and poly bushings almost everywhere. The interior is set up for comfy rides to anyplace I want to go. I drove 2.275 miles last month to the Mustang 6 Association show in Tennessee, then to see family in Mississippi. A nice stereo, extra speakers, added insulation, new foam seats with new covers and carpet helped ease the ride and a foam steering wheel kept my 75 year old hands from aching.
IMG_1743.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1999.JPG
    IMG_1999.JPG
    730.4 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_2002.JPG
    IMG_2002.JPG
    660.5 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_2032.JPG
    IMG_2032.JPG
    513 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_2063.JPG
    IMG_2063.JPG
    537.6 KB · Views: 105
Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Hey, it has AC, here in Texas it is required. Look at the pic of the engine and notice the hose going over the chrome valve cover...that is an AC hose for the Ford "gennie" under-dash unit. It was converted to 134a when I switched the OEM York for a Sanden compressor.

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry Charlie I was looking for the huge York compressor. I just did not look close enough. Of the many many Mustangs I have owned only one had a/c. It was a 66 shelby GT350H. I did not like the auto transmission so in 1974 I sold it to a buddy for $1575.00 and bought my first Boss 302 for $888.00. As bad as the weather is I just can not put a/c in one of my Boss 302. I have a 65 Falcon Futura that is scheduled for a/c-----some day. Now that the kids and grandkids are on their own I hope to get back on some of my projects. The problem is my energy level at 65 is not what it once was. Go figure. Good luck to you Charlie

69Boss, don't let age get to you. I had a stroke at 68 and slowed down but refuse to stop. Putting a 2.3 Mustang engine from a wrecked 1985 Pony into a 1967 Sunbeam Alpine. I build drivers for the Long Haul Run. MPG, HP and Comfort are my main goal but I don't forget good handling. I hope to be driving it this time next year.