Hello, New To The Page, Just Bought My First Mustang!

Hello,

I Just bought a 89 fox body notch back and I'm in love.
It's my first real project car and my first muscle car.
Body is rust free and came with a rebuilt 302 connected to a c4 trans.
Welded mini cage, frame ties and little things here and there.
5 lug conversion, soon to have disc brakes all around, and 4.10 gears in the rear end.

I just took the motor and trans out to tackle the engine bay. I want to fill all the holes and do a wire tuck.
I've read the best thing is to weld the holes and grind them down. Would you suggest getting the engine bar panels too.
I love the show look and i'm planning on giving her the paint job she deserves.

All feed back, suggestions on where to start are welcome. Also anything I should be aware of going into it.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_0480.JPG
    IMG_0480.JPG
    574.2 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_9520.JPG
    IMG_9520.JPG
    565.1 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_9518.JPG
    IMG_9518.JPG
    604.5 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_9512.JPG
    IMG_9512.JPG
    670.7 KB · Views: 223
  • Sponsors (?)

Hello,

I Just bought a 89 fox body notch back and I'm in love.
It's my first real project car and my first muscle car.
Body is rust free and came with a rebuilt 302 connected to a c4 trans.
Welded mini cage, frame ties and little things here and there.
5 lug conversion, soon to have disc brakes all around, and 4.10 gears in the rear end.

I just took the motor and trans out to tackle the engine bay. I want to fill all the holes and do a wire tuck.
I've read the best thing is to weld the holes and grind them down. Would you suggest getting the engine bar panels too.
I love the show look and i'm planning on giving her the paint job she deserves.

All feed back, suggestions on where to start are welcome. Also anything I should be aware of going into it.

Thanks in advance.
Welcome brother, go the the 1979-1995 general talk section and post more there.

I used Scott Rod panel when I smoothed my eb. There are a few different options for you there depending on the look you want. A number of guys have done this. A guy named @RaggedGT will be quick to fill your head with all sorts of modifications!

Great starting point on your car though, post more pictures in the fox section. We'll help you as much as we can.

Reactions: 1 user
Reactions: 1 user