Hello There..

Loosh83

May 16, 2017
Hi guys, new member here. I bought a 97 Cobra with Vortech T trim last year, built motor and blew it up within 3 months. the car had issues. It's been 6 months in waiting....having the motor completely rebuilt 10:1 compression, ported heads, and on and on. My goal on the dyno is 600rwhp. It was running 12 psi...I'm guessing that will drop with head work. My tuner does not want to pus it past 12 psi on pump gas.

Anyone with a similar setup ? running race gas or E85 ? I'm curious what kind of numbers can be achieved by pushing the boost past 12

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to Stangnet it is good to have you here. Best of luck with your new combo your Cobra should be making a lot of power. Check out the forums here and post some pics of your Cobra we would like to see it.

I can't tell you with a mod engine. Sorry.

Maybe @TOOLOW91 might know. Though his engine is a pushrod, he's putting down close to 700rwhp.

He uses a supercharger as well.

Snoop around the '96-'04 subforums, you'll find lots of other mod engine guys there that probably have beat the hell out of their engines and can pass on advice.

Welcome to Stangnet.