HELP “DTE ODO DATA ERR”

mr4teth

Aug 5, 2007
I’ve posted on the GT500 Tech forum but have had little responses so I hoping someone in the 2005+ can help!

My GT500 was at the dealership for 4 days and they can’t get the error message to pop up and the computer didn’t record it. So I picked the car up and drove 3 miles and it happened again!

Has anyone heard of or received these two error messages after their car stalled?

FUEL LEVEL LOW
DTE ODO DATA ERR

And

CHECKING CHARGING SYSTEM

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I’ve posted on the GT500 Tech forum but have had little responses so I hoping someone in the 2005+ can help!

My GT500 was at the dealership for 4 days and they can’t get the error message to pop up and the computer didn’t record it. So I picked the car up and drove 3 miles and it happened again!

Has anyone heard of or received these two error messages after their car stalled?

FUEL LEVEL LOW
DTE ODO DATA ERR

And

CHECKING CHARGING SYSTEM

Hi, I have a Mustang GT 2008 and the same code just happen to me. The car run on 4 cylinder I think, the check engine light always pop on. I have to clear the code but it come back. Anay help is appreciate. thx

You don't have an IPod adapter connected to your stereo do you? Sometimes they will short out and cause problems with the CAN bus (the data bus that communicates between all of the different computers and devices in the car (including the gauge cluster). This can also be caused by the alternator going bad, or a loose connection or ground.

You don't have an IPod adapter connected to your stereo do you? Sometimes they will short out and cause problems with the CAN bus (the data bus that communicates between all of the different computers and devices in the car (including the gauge cluster). This can also be caused by the alternator going bad, or a loose connection or ground.

Hi, I have install a dnx 7120 kenwood 7 inch radio in my car that is probably why I have this message.
but the check engine sometime go on with the code p0300 to p0312 wich is misfire, and the car is not running well when this happen. Can't find what it is.
thx for your help

DTE ODO data error - solved

Got the same errors on my son's 2006 Ford Mustang - DTE ODO data error, fuel level low, check charging system. Car started exhibiting problem by not starting, especially after a rainstorm, only to start a few hours later. Eventually, the car would stall about 5 minutes after starting which was a very dangerous situation.

Ford dealer #1 said we had a water leak (which they fixed) but that the smart junction box was getting wet, and it and two wiring harnesses in the dash needed had alot of corrosion and needed replacing to the tune of $3500.

Last time it stalled, I had it towed to Ford dealer #2. Source of the problem - a $17 diode (fuse box slot 53 I believe). Can has been fine ever since. Also, they found no corrosion.

To be fair, Ford dealer #1 never saw it in a "dead" condition. It has always restarted for them. Ford dealer #2 utilized proper diagnostic technique to trace the problem to its source (e.g. found which components did and did not have voltage).

For $17 (dealer retail - probably cheaper at an auto parts store), you might want to just change the diode - see what happens.

FUEL LEVEL LOW
DTE ODO DATA ERR

And

CHECKING CHARGING SYSTEM
Help me please!!! This is happening to me now!!!