HELP...5-lug conversion brake problems....is my booster bad??

RacEoHolic330

I like to dress like a pretty girl
15 Year Member
Mar 4, 2003
Allentown, PA
I'm finishing up my 5-lug conversion and my dad and I were bleeding the brakes today. The master cylinger and rears bled fine. We're bleeding the right front and its not pushing out fluid like the rear ones were. So, we start the car up to speed up the process. When the car is running I can press the brake pedal all the way down to the floor really easy. It takes almost no effort. The brakes don't lock up either. I don't understand what is causing this. When I turn the car off and pump the brake pedal, its gets kind of harder to push but not like a rock. And if I wait a little, it can be pushed nearly to the floor.

Here are some specs:
95 GT booster and master cylinder
Gutted stock proportioning valve with wilwood valve on rear hard line
twin piston pbr front calipers, stock 95 gt rear calipers.

There are no leaks awywhere. The car pushes normal vacuum at idle (12-13inHg). The only other thing I think it could be is that we didn't bleed the left front caliper yet and that one pretty much has no fluid at all in the lines. Either that or my booster is shot. Any help is really appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like you just have a lot of air in the front lines. Try to gravity bleed them for a while... Make sure the master cylinder is full, open the RF brake bleeder and just let it sit, and the gravity will pull the fluid down. Maybe this will help you, maybe not. Just my .02

Stang8URMPRT said:
Sounds like you just have a lot of air in the front lines. Try to gravity bleed them for a while... Make sure the master cylinder is full, open the RF brake bleeder and just let it sit, and the gravity will pull the fluid down. Maybe this will help you, maybe not. Just my .02
:stupid: