Help!!! 95 Mustang Rough Idle Etc

braycwill

Sep 11, 2012
Ok I need your help guys..i've done everything i've known to do. So here goes: my 95 Mustang is completely stock except for a cold air intake system and I had the two catalytic converters furthest from the engine removed to make the car louder and that is it. Now heres the problem-my car would sputterwhen taking off from a complete stop but that would go away if I let go of the gas or gave it more gas. Then it would sputter around 50 mph but once again I could give it more or less gas to make it go away. So I did a tune up. Cap and rotor, plugs and wires and I changed the coil. It still had the same symptoms so merlin tried a new ignition module or something and that didn't change anything. Than just recently a friend of mine put a new distributor module in it and the symptoms changed. The car had a rough idle under one thousand rpm and occasionally will shut off. If I can get it above one thousand RPM than it would be fine but sputter a little bit but not nearly as bad. So idk what to do. The timing is fine and there isn't a vacuum leak..and also sometimes I can't get the car above one thousand rpm in park or drive or neural. And if I floor the pedal, the car will sputter and create no power...what shud I do guys???

• Sponsors (?)