Help!! 99 Gt Stalls...

Mustang_Modder

Feb 7, 2014
So Sorry if I posted into the wrong section Fellas! this is my first time on any forum so Im currently working out the kinks.

Okay, so, I need some help: I have a 99 GT, 4.6 liter engine. Everything is absolutely original, except for accel coil packs. Whenever I coast in neutral the engine will sputter, try and regain it's Idle, then just dies. When I am just sitting there and havent touched the Throttle, the car typically does fine. But if I rev it ANY, the car will try and regain it's idle and eventually floods out.

Okay, Here's the catch:

I installed a brand new IAC Valve and I noticed a better start up - a not so "forced" start up (stubborn 4.6). Do I need to replace my MAF sensor? TPS? O2 Sensor? I have been dealing with this for about two weeks and I'm tired of risking a wreck on decelerating into turns. Also, I've heard lots of things as far as bad connections on certain electronics, if I put the dielectric grease on all my contacts (literally everything from censors, to fuses) would it make a difference?

At this point I would appreciate anyone's help.

Sincerely,
-One Seriously Confused Teenager

• Sponsors (?)

Looks like you have tried the typical iac valve and if you have given it a complete tune up with plugs and wires then I would check the pcm / brains of the car.
By the way I only utilize the dielectric grease for the cups on plug wires, utilizing it for electrical connections is not the correct application for dielectric grease, remember plug wires only.

Good luck with your project and solving your stumbling engine issues.

jr.

So Sorry if I posted into the wrong section Fellas! this is my first time on any forum so Im currently working out the kinks.

Okay, so, I need some help: I have a 99 GT, 4.6 liter engine. Everything is absolutely original, except for accel coil packs. Whenever I coast in neutral the engine will sputter, try and regain it's Idle, then just dies. When I am just sitting there and havent touched the Throttle, the car typically does fine. But if I rev it ANY, the car will try and regain it's idle and eventually floods out.

Okay, Here's the catch:

I installed a brand new IAC Valve and I noticed a better start up - a not so "forced" start up (stubborn 4.6). Do I need to replace my MAF sensor? TPS? O2 Sensor? I have been dealing with this for about two weeks and I'm tired of risking a wreck on decelerating into turns. Also, I've heard lots of things as far as bad connections on certain electronics, if I put the dielectric grease on all my contacts (literally everything from censors, to fuses) would it make a difference?

At this point I would appreciate anyone's help.

Sincerely,
-One Seriously Confused Teenager