Help A Girl Out?

I don't drive my 1999 Cobra much. I got it out like 2 weeks ago and whenever the car is moving I feel like a grinding in the peddles. The grinding speeds up and slows down with the speed of the car and is gone at a stop wether the clutch is pressed or not. I know my idler pulley is starting to go, but can that cause it or is it possible I have a bad wheel bearing. Everywhere I've looked makes no mention of my symptoms for a wheel bearing but my gut tells me it is. Help!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

In my experiences front hub bearings will usually change pitch/get better or worse when changing direction. It may very well be front hub,but I'd consider checking the rear hubs,along with the driveline and other suspension parts. Very broad recommendation I know lol. But a good check over sounds to be in order. Others with more knowledge should start coming by soon

If in the pedals I bet the clutch cable is done and potentially the throw out bearing.

I recommend a Maximum motorsports cable, quadrant, and firewall adjuster kit. Do not waste time with adjustable cables as i've never had one that didn't break.

That's the easier but more expensive option, otherwise I'm betting your throw out bearing and or clutch fork need attention.

I'd jack up each wheel and give it a spin and see if you can feel it there.
The problem is I don't have the facilities to just jack up wheels. But I did get it out today and now I noticed while driving if I zig zag back and forth the gringing feeling gets worse when I'm turning to the right, so I do believe my left wheel bearing is going bad. Now I just need to get it changed. Thanks for the help.

The majority of the suggestions so far are good ones. Since you have to have a shop do the work....

Clutch, cable, and quadrant
drive shaft has to come out anyway so U-joints
While they have it up in the air they may as well look over the hubs, bearings, and brakes.

With the exception of bushings that should be the majority of the shake, rattle, and roll parts.

Reactions: 1 user