Help, any advice will be good, mustang cranks but dosent fire up

Blownpony01

Dec 13, 2010
Hey guys, a few days ago i replaced my battery and terminals and figured out thats what was wrong with it not turning over then cranking. I got it running when i put the new battery and terminals in(the old cell was shot and one terminal was corroded) but then it cranked up, i drove a day or two then the next morning it was cold and didnt want to start again. When i got home it took a few times but finally cranked up. Now it wont start and i have no idea what it could be, the fuel pump is working i can hear it start and the spark plugs and wires are fairly new aswell as the battery, what could it be, fuel filter? ecu not sending the right codes, all fuses are good i believe and idk what to do, Well now every morning i go out and crank my car it just turns and turns over but no start.
Does anyone know what could be the problem, are there any strange issues the 2001 year had or anything, anything would be helpful, thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Crank with no start troubleshooting

Clean the MAF. Use only cleaner designed for the job. No brake clean. No carb/choke cleaner.

Check for any vacuum leaks. Even a tiny leak will cause problems. Do not cut corners here.

Check all fuses in the engine bay and driver's kick panel.

Turn the key to on but do not crank. Does the theft light go out after a 3 second "prove out"? If not, STOP and find out why.

Does the theft light come on during cranking? If so, STOP and find out why.

Cycle the key on/pause/off several times without cranking. Listen for the fuel pump to run each time. Does this improve starting? If so, suspect fuel pressure leak down from a leaky injector, fuel pump check valve, or pressure regulator (return system).

Use and ODB2 scanner to montor RPM's during cranking. Does the RPM's change? If not, the CKP sensor is bad and the car will NEVER start.
Hold the throttle half way open during cranking. Does this improve starting? If so, suspect a bad IAC.

Does the check engine light come on during cranking? If so, suspect a bad CKP or bad CMP sensor.

Use a set of "noid" style test lights to confirm PCM firing pulse for the ingnition and fuel injectors.