Fox Help! Can Anyone Tell Me?

Spindles could be either the 94-95 or 96+. No way to tell as they came standard with either spindle. Only way to tell is to look at the angle of the tie rod link on the spindle.

507992299-jpg.244843.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Well except that these drums would have 5 holes in them, and standard fox drums have 4..

The typical solution that allows you to retain a rear drum, but upgrade to 5 lug usually uses drums and axles sourced from a Ranger or Aerostar.
Sorry to bring this old thread back up but with with the Ranger or Aerostar drums in the rear would i have to specifically have to use Ranger or Aerostar brake shoes or are they all the same? Or will this still use the standart fox shoes? I'm in need of a rear brake job on this vehicle but i am not sure what parts i will need. On the Brake drums they have the part # 2686 on them if that tells your anything. I greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Ben

Those are 94-98 V6/GT front brakes, with 66mm piston calipers. Rear drums are standard fox brakes but using ranger drums/axles.

No special MC needed for this setup. With rear drums, you are stuck using the stock Fox MC. Calipers are 66mm units (vs stock fox 60mm) so the pedal may be slightly softer than normal. There really is no good MC to swap to as the popular ones are designed for 4 wheel disk brakes and have larger bores (to push more fluid)

Spindles could be either the 94-95 or 96+. No way to tell as they came standard with either spindle. Only way to tell is to look at the angle of the tie rod link on the spindle.

If i were to change the shoes in the rear, you're saying it would use standard 89-93 mustang shoes with these drums if they're from a ranger/aerostar?

Oh.
Yes. Order shoes for an 87-93 Mustang....2.3L or 5.0L

Only difference is the outer drum between Mustang and ranger is the number of holes.
Oh. One more question. Is there and pros and cons between 94-95 spindles vs 96-98 spindles? I currently have saleen Wheels on and the PO put spacers on the front. I kind of want to shy away from the spacers. Wondering which would allow me to do that.

96-04 spindles would push the front wheels out slightly more than 94-95 spindles. However the difference is minimal. 8mm or so. (little over 1/4")

Keep in mind though that that means a greater turning arc for the wheel to sweep through when turning lock to lock, so the chances of rub increase as well.

96-04 spindles would push the front wheels out slightly more than 94-95 spindles. However the difference is minimal. 8mm or so. (little over 1/4")

Keep in mind though that that means a greater turning arc for the wheel to sweep through when turning lock to lock, so the chances of rub increase as well.
Would either spindle need a spacer to fit the caps on the front wheels?