Fox Help! Can Anyone Tell Me?

Benz510

Feb 19, 2016
Oakland California
Does anyone know if this is a SN95 Part? 5 lug conversion on car but i don't know from what?! Previous owner didn't give me any info. Rear has drums also. I'm confused.

Attachments

• 20160305_085857.jpg
    20160305_085857.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 231
  • 20160305_085842.jpg
    20160305_085842.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 257
  • 20160305_085851.jpg
    20160305_085851.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 249
  • 20160305_085837.jpg
    20160305_085837.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 261
  • Sponsors (?)

Does anyone know if this is a SN95 Part? 5 lug conversion on car but i don't know from what?! Previous owner didn't give me any info. Rear has drums also. I'm confused.

It may be five lug rotor and axle conversion from somewhere like lmr. Pull a front wheel off and measure the dia of the rotor. Compare that to fox or sn diameter rotors. That'll give you an idea. You can look at the brake pads or calipers and compare that to parts store photos they put on their website. I have 99 up calipers on mine and they don't look like those. They may be 94-95 or fox.

It may be five lug rotor and axle conversion from somewhere like lmr. Pull a front wheel off and measure the dia of the rotor. Compare that to fox or sn diameter rotors. That'll give you an idea. You can look at the brake pads or calipers and compare that to parts store photos they put on their website. I have 99 up calipers on mine and they don't look like those. They may be 94-95 or fox.

Thanks for the info.

The 94 To 98 mustang didn't have drums on the rear if I'm not mistaken. Mine have drums. Would u be able to tell me any info with pics?

If the swap were done properly.. Master cylinder, booster and all matching, you wouldn't have rear drums. That's why i was speculating you having a swap kit with just rotors, drums and axles. If those are truly 94-95 spindles, the master cylinder setup that accommodates them won't work properly with drums.

If the swap were done properly.. Master cylinder, booster and all matching, you wouldn't have rear drums. That's why i was speculating you having a swap kit with just rotors, drums and axles. If those are truly 94-95 spindles, the master cylinder setup that accommodates them won't work properly with drums.

Alright. I know those lmr Kits don't require a caliper change and these aren't the stock so i have no idea what the previous owner did. It's a PITA.

Pretty sure the basic LMR 5-lug kit just uses the old Lincoln Mark VII front rotors. There isn't a spindle and caliper change like there is with the SN95 conversion.

That is correct. They are very limited in the selection of wheels for that reason as they won't work with most SN95 wheels because of the longer dustcap.

Those are 94-98 V6/GT front brakes, with 66mm piston calipers. Rear drums are standard fox brakes but using ranger drums/axles.

No special MC needed for this setup. With rear drums, you are stuck using the stock Fox MC. Calipers are 66mm units (vs stock fox 60mm) so the pedal may be slightly softer than normal. There really is no good MC to swap to as the popular ones are designed for 4 wheel disk brakes and have larger bores (to push more fluid)

Spindles could be either the 94-95 or 96+. No way to tell as they came standard with either spindle. Only way to tell is to look at the angle of the tie rod link on the spindle.

Reactions: 1 user
Those are 94-98 V6/GT front brakes, with 66mm piston calipers. Rear drums are standard fox brakes but using ranger drums/axles.

No special MC needed for this setup. With rear drums, you are stuck using the stock Fox MC. Calipers are 66mm units (vs stock fox 60mm) so the pedal may be slightly softer than normal. There really is no good MC to swap to as the popular ones are designed for 4 wheel disk brakes and have larger bores (to push more fluid)

Spindles could be either the 94-95 or 96+. No way to tell as they came standard with either spindle. Only way to tell is to look at the angle of the tie rod link on the spindle.
Thanks much.