Help choose my new catback !

TwoToneHatch

Mar 22, 2007
New Jersey
I'm thinking about changing my cat back. I have BBK shorties,Catted X,and race bullets welded into my dynomax catback. The car sounds good but i think it could personally use a better tone. Right now I'm considering spintechs or mac's. What would you guys put on a x-pipe car?

• Sponsors (?)

I have the Pypes Violators cat back on my car now. they are a little loud with your foot in it but with a catted X they would probably be just right.
talk to Slapyo on here about some magnaflows, I ordered a set for the wifes car and i hear they install well and sound great.

What's nice about my setup is it has inserts you can put the tips so if your going on a long drive and want to keep it mellow you can throw them in or if you feel like being loud and waking the neighbors up leave them out

I have BBK shorties,Off road X -pipe and MAC cat back...DO not go with MAC they suck.....GO SPINTECH all the way...!!!!!!...My Dad that is 67 yrs old is borrowing my car he tells me every time he calls me This mufflers sound like an old pick up truck they SUCK...LOL....I might just throw on a flowmaster American thunder cat back I know everyone has them but there is a reaosn for that they sound great..Or i might just have some pro street spintechs welded in...:nice:

I run the Anderson FMS 1 3/4 shorties with a Bassani X pipe and Bassani Quiet thunder cat-back. From outside of the car, it does sound great! My only complaint is that right around 2000 rpm, I get an in-car drone that will rattle your brain.

This same setup under the original stock motor, was very quiet until I got on the gas. The new motor, cam, and headers etc... THAT'S when I got the 2000 rpm drone (it's very annoying).

My plan is to swap out the catted X for an H-pipe to see if I can get that drone further up in the RPM range. Having that right at cruise RPM suxxorz very much bad. :mad:

Just got my 87 GT vert back the other day I have Mac shorty headers,Mac off road H-pipe and my Friend had an older Flowmaster Cat back with the orignal 40's the system had less then 100 miles on it so i grabed it...it is like brand new... Well anyways the car sounds Nasty!!!!!! I cant wait to bolt on my blower it should even sound Better with more air flow going thru it..But i have to agree Nothing sounds better then FLOWS......:nice: