HELP!! Currently a classic owner...possibly adding '03 Cobra and need advice

Ok first sorry for the book. Alright I'm in Afghanistan serving with my AF A-10 unit :flag: and what do I find? My number 2ish dream pony car for sale, I'm sure a few have seen it in the classifieds (black '03 Cobra 10th Anniv.) Of course I have a dillema...otherwise I would just be trolling :rolleyes: I can't go see the car in person and ride in it and even if I could I would still post to ask advice on what to look for. So any help here for the guy going to look at it for me would be swell, he is a Pony guy but much like I am into classics he owns a Fox body. I did search for some common terms and came up with mostly people doing motor swaps or upgrades. I just need to know what are some things he should look at, are there any particular weaknesses in this year model. Also guy says the ABS light is on and it's from a sensor which could mean a lot...reason to run away or reasonably fixed????? Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Never even been in a Cobra so I have no advice but good luck :nice:

I bought my GT with 33,000 miles while I was in Iraq and had my father pick it up after running a clean Carfax. Had it for 2 years and put about 25,000 miles on it and only had an alternator go out. Hopefully your Cobra was treated just as well.

Oh and BTW, A-10s are the ****. When I was in Korea I worked with one of the ODA teams training Korean SF guys how to call CAS on a live fire range. The sound of that 30mm....:eek: Had a couple AF TACPs with us too, or whatever the hell they're called. They were attached to 1st Group in Ft. Lewis.

If it's just the abs sensor, you can pick one up for about $50. Other than that ???
I would make sure that it is a true Cobra and not a clone, has clean carfax, and that it's mechanically sound. ie...engine/transmission/rear diff/suspension/brakes etc... Here's a link to a useful website that might help you out alot....Good luck, hope I was able to help ya out :flag:

Terminator FAQs

Never even been in a Cobra so I have no advice but good luck :nice:

I bought my GT with 33,000 miles while I was in Iraq and had my father pick it up after running a clean Carfax. Had it for 2 years and put about 25,000 miles on it and only had an alternator go out. Hopefully your Cobra was treated just as well.

Oh and BTW, A-10s are the ****. When I was in Korea I worked with one of the ODA teams training Korean SF guys how to call CAS on a live fire range. The sound of that 30mm....:eek: Had a couple AF TACPs with us too, or whatever the hell they're called. They were attached to 1st Group in Ft. Lewis.

The sound of the 30mm over our training areas was .... really no other way to put it.... orgasmic. You know those rounds are doing some major damage somewhere. :flag: