Help explain these mod's benefits

OldFashRed

Dec 2, 2009
I am not a mechanical guy and am blessed with a career that allows me to purchase this car with these mods.....but was interested in each mods performace increase and what your all opinions would be to improve performance more? It has never been tuned or dynoed to my knowledge.

1996 Cobra 47,500 miles, all of this work has been done over the last 10,000 miles

1. lowering springs
2. kenny brown racing suspension includes frame tie ins
3. steel studded wrap around girdle
4. bbk under drive pulleys
5. 80mm C&L mass air intake
6. FRPP headers, ceramic
7. bassoni exhaust w/x-pipe and flow masters
8. pro 5.0 shifter
9. 373 ford racing gears
10. 3 stage clutch
11. tru flo pip C&L
12. denzo plugs, msd wires

• Sponsors (?)

I am not a mechanical guy and am blessed with a career that allows me to purchase this car with these mods.....but was interested in each mods performace increase and what your all opinions would be to improve performance more? It has never been tuned or dynoed to my knowledge.

1996 Cobra 47,500 miles, all of this work has been done over the last 10,000 miles

1. lowering springs
2. kenny brown racing suspension includes frame tie ins
3. steel studded wrap around girdle
4. bbk under drive pulleys
5. 80mm C&L mass air intake
6. FRPP headers, ceramic
7. bassoni exhaust w/x-pipe and flow masters
8. pro 5.0 shifter
9. 373 ford racing gears
10. 3 stage clutch
11. tru flo pip C&L
12. denzo plugs, msd wires
Friends do not let friends run denso spark plugs in their Mustangs. Use NGK, Motorcraft, or Brisk. Also I an not a big fan of under drive pulleys but a lot of people like them. All the other mods look reasonable to me for more info on specific ones do a search here or use google.

What is the asking price for the car? Do you have a link to an online for sale page?

If I was in the Mustang market right now I would be looking for a 2003 or 2004 Mach1 they are a great bargain for what you are getting.

Best course of action would be to take it to a good dyno tuner who has experience tuning Cobras. If you are not sure where to find one post you general location. Be sure and get those denso plugs out of there.