HELP! Friction Modifier for the rear end.

I AM the random post master...bow down
May 3, 2003
Daytona Bch, FL
How do you get the smell of the friction modifier to go away from the inside of my car??? This stuff smells horrible and I want to get it out... guess its the only draw back for installing gears :lol: Anyone whos done this before and has had this problem please let me know what you use to cover up or get rid of the smell.... please

• Sponsors (?)

Wow, the smell is actually in the car? That sucks. That and gear oil is the worst smelling stuff on this earth. Maybe try to Febreze that out. Or open like 4 air fresheners? Or both? I don't have a definite answer though.

Joe

I don't know of anything that will get rid of that smell. When I bought the friction modifier, the guy at the parts counter double bagged it in sealed plastic bags and told me I should have driven a pickup so I could put it in the back for the trip home :rlaugh:. That's some nasty ****...

Dave

HairyCanary said:
I don't know of anything that will get rid of that smell. When I bought the friction modifier, the guy at the parts counter double bagged it in sealed plastic bags and told me I should have driven a pickup so I could put it in the back for the trip home :rlaugh:. That's some nasty ****...

Dave
:rlaugh: Yea that stuff is really nasty... We were going to put a drop on the lid of my dads drink when we were working but decided not to :lol: Some of it was on my hands because my dad made me pick the friction disks out of the modifier and put them on, and some of it was on my clothes and now its all in my car :bang: :( :lol: I think I might try an air freshner from walmart once I get some money... Kinda sad when you dont have enough money to afford an air freshner.

Luckily I had my subframes welded in the same day I had my gears done. So the smell of the welded metal just stayed in my car for about 2 weeks. I had the windows down as often as possible and it was about this time last year so I froze for a couple of weeks but I lived. But my suggestion would to be to leave the windows down as often as possible while driving and put a box of baking soda in the car to help with the smell while it's parked.