HELP: Gas Milage has dropped from 19 MPG to 13 MPG....

POS96GT

Founding Member
Jul 29, 2002
Waco, Texas
I had been getting about 19 MPG but now 2 tanks in a row I am getting a little less than 13 MPG with normal driving. I just don't know where to startsince it was such an instant thing. The car is listed in the sig below. any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Blk02stang said:
I had been getting about 19 MPG but now 2 tanks in a row I am getting a little less than 13 MPG with normal driving. I just don't know where to startsince it was such an instant thing. The car is listed in the sig below. any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
try getting tuned.. clean your K&N.. and some new plugs if yours have some miles on them.. i'd start there

Has the temp changed drastically where you are at? Like someone mentioned, the tune could be throwing things off. Another thing you could try is to reset the computer and see if that helps get things back in order.

01BlkGT said:
Has the temp changed drastically where you are at? Like someone mentioned, the tune could be throwing things off. Another thing you could try is to reset the computer and see if that helps get things back in order.

maybe like 10 degrees colder in the past 2 weeks......is that enough to throw evrything off?