help had hip replaced

cantdriveyet

Jun 22, 2008
I had my left hip replaced and need to know how many #of pressure dose it take to press in a stock cluch on an 05 gt.....thanks , I all ready have the car but want info for the Dr......you know how they can be, thanks! well Dr said no go cause of the pain meds that I am taking....... so its nose to the treadmill so to say......but thanks for all your input. j

• Sponsors (?)

I don't know the exact # if you are looking for it to stay under a doctor restriction, but I will add this - Drive a couple, some are noticeably less than others. I think something changed from '06-'07 also... they have a different feel, from my experience.

It's relatively light compared to other sports cars like the 350Z , G35 etc. but definitely heavier then some run of the mill manual transmission sedans.

Can't really be scientific about it.

I've read from several that the stock clutch is heavy. I drove a manual S197 for the first time just over a week ago('07 with 33K miles and original clutch)and it seemed relatively light. I can say after that hour drive, I miss the manual, but the way my auto runs(after the tune), I couldn't trade it!
Sorry about your Dr's call, but I would stick to the treadmill and get back in your manual Stang and continue your rehab!!!!!
It was difficult for me to stay off my motorcycle a few years ago after I broke my leg and the bike was fixed a few weeks before I got my cast removed and regained the use/strength of my leg and foot back! Keep us updated:nice:

When did you have the hip replaced? I'm envisioning you wanting to drive home from the hospital? I doubt it, but just wondering. If your doc has lifted all of your restrictions, you'll be ok with driving a manual. If not, I wouldn't try it as depending on your seating style, you could be violating the "no hip flexion more than 90 degrees" restriction.

Yes, I know what I'm talking about as I see hip replacement patients every day as a physical therapist.