Help Id Wire Connectors

FLMustangGT

Oct 8, 2017
I acquired a 1994 GT 5.0 project a couple of years age. I’m about to button it up but have a couple of connections I’m not sure what to do with. The first is a connector that runs in the same wire conduit as the fan connector. The car came without a fan assembly so I have nothing to try to match it to. The second is a complete wire connection (male and female). It is located under the fuse box. It has wires going in and a single heavy gauge black wire coming out. The black wire was cut so I really have nothing to match it to. My guess is a ground.

Any help is appreciated.

]oe

• Sponsors (?)

To quick with the mouse and didn't upload:

Attachments

• IMG_1993.JPG
    IMG_1993.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 149
  • IMG_1996.JPG
    IMG_1996.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 144
The one on the fan harness is for the coolant overflow. Ford sold or put on a cap that had the sensor built in. I know my 94 never had one but my 95 does. Definitely not needed. It only goes to the idiot light on the dash.

The black wire you have there is just a ground. Should be grounded out in front of the battery above the headlight. That whole bunch of wires there, the black and the black and white are the grounds for the computer and computer harness. I went through and soldered them all together and grounded the whole bunch. More grounds is better than less. I can get you a picture of what I did on my car later if you want