help identify my wheels please!

All I know(without taking them off) is that they say "U.S. Indy MAC" on the back. I am hoping they will work with granadas but we will see... Here they are!
2538997_8_full.jpg

One of the front ones is chiped right around the nut cover :(
2538997_9_full.jpg

If these don't work I like the hopsters!

Also does any one understanf the size of the rear tire? "GR50-14" I know the 14 is the wheel size but dont understand the rest:shrug:

Does any one know where I might find these to know the value of them?

• Sponsors (?)

I don't know if this will help. They look like the old-school slotted mags. Here's a link to a similar set of wheels (for a Chevy, though) that are on e-bay. It doesn't give the brand, but the seller appears to be a business (w/ lots of positive feedback) rather than an individual. Maybe you could contact them, and they would be willing to help. :shrug: Can't hurt to try, I guess.

Try a google search for Indy Mac, or going on e-baymotors.com, and searching in the vintage auto parts for "slotted wheels," "slotted mags," or different brand names. Maybe you'll spot something like yours. Don't know if this helps much, but who knows. I would say several different companies probably made very similar wheels to those.

Here's the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Slot...ryZ34209QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Good luck!
Bryan

Hey thanks i'll try contacting him! Still wondering about the tire size...

the GR50-14 means it is an older radial tire with the bias ply size nomenclature. G50-14 would be the same size. equivalent metric radial tire size would be about a 245/50-14.

the wheel was made by US Wheel corporation and the model name is Indy. several other companies made this same style wheel including American Racing, Fenton, Ansen Wheel, Motor Wheel, Keystone, Shelby Wheels Corporation (yes, Carrol Shelby but this was his aftermarket wheel company) Rocket Wheels, and many others. pretty much every aftermarket wheel maker made that style of wheel.

no problem, glad to help. those wheels should work fine with the granada brakes. i had that same style on my 69 with factory discs and they fit with no problems. the factory 69 discs are almost identical to the granada discs except for the way the calipers mount (the calipers themselves are different but very similar) and the snout on the rotors is a little smaller on the 69's. those wheels should work perfectly.

...and many others. pretty much every aftermarket wheel maker made that style of wheel.

Yeah but "US Mags" where THE wheel to have back in those days... damn I'm old. Actually I have a couple pairs of 15 x 8's, some 14 x 7's, 15 x 4.5's and some 14 x 10's in that same style... and they are on any cars.. lol (running cars that is)

-Stephen

I've got about as many sets as anyone, some are US Indy Mags, some are Western Wheels........... Got two sets of 15 x 8's and 10's with the 5 x 4.5 pattern (both on 80's and 90's Rangers) And a set of 15 x 8.5 and 10's for a full size Ford pickup/van. They looked great on my 95 E150 customized van. Also got a few singles laying around that need homes.

i had a pair of 14x7 ET's in the front and a pair of 14x9 Fenton's on my car forever and ever. at one time i had the stang and my old 70 cougar and i would swap my current mesh wheels and the slots around depending on my mood. after the cougar was gone i didn't have a place to keep the slots any more and got tired of moving them from mom's garage to a friend's garage to my brother's garage and finally ended selling the slots. i wish i had kept them or at least had had a place to keep them but they went to a guy who put them to good use on a 68 barracuda so i guess it was ok.

FYI, for anyone that's interested American Racing is now making that wheel again, i think in sizes up to 17" as well. they call them the Ansen Slot, not sure if Ansen was the first slot wheel maker or not but i do remember them making a bunch of them

yeah, but good luck finding any wierd offsets though, LOL. actually, i would probably only buy the Ansen's if i was wanted that look but in a bigger wheel. the other advantage is that you don't have to go the swap meet or the junkyard to find them.

yeah, but good luck finding any wierd offsets though, LOL. actually, i would probably only buy the Ansen's if i was wanted that look but in a bigger wheel. the other advantage is that you don't have to go the swap meet or the junkyard to find them.
:D Want more? Ebaymotors.com :D No need to leave your chair...... Another plus with the originals are 10"+ width wheels. The new castings don't go wider than 8's if I recall.