Help in Upgrading Front and Rear Brakes with 5-lugs Conversion

MaRu_GT

Sep 11, 2006
I am planning to upgrade my braking system and I will really need your help and advice in that. I have heard that Ford Racing used to offer this complete package (M-2300-K) for cobra style brakes and 5-lugs, but it has been discontinued now. I would like to put something like this package offered by Ford Racing. I think there is one package offered by SSBC (SSBC A112-2 - SSBC Disc Brake Conversion Kits - Overview - SummitRacing.com) but I am not sure how good is it and I think it is still missing some parts I will need for front brakes spindles , rotors hubs, calipers etc.

Can someone please help me in selecting the right parts to do this upgrade? I will need other considerations like wheel size selection, any wheel spacers (what size), any modifications to the steering components… etc.

The car is 1990 Mustang and I still have the stock brakes set ups with 4 lugs. The upgrades I have in other suspension parts are: KYB Pro street kit of Front Struts and Rear Shocks, Eibach Coil Spring Kit, SUMMIT front and rear sway bars, Urethane bushing kit (Energy Suspension), Ford Racing front control arms, Hotchkis rear control arms and 17” 2003/2004 Cobra Style Wheels.

• Sponsors (?)