Help installing cold air intake

88306stang

Jun 20, 2004
I am installing a bbk cold air intake on my 93 gt (fender well mount) and the tube coming off the intake doesnt seem to fit properly is there any tricks to this? I am in the middle of doing this have it all in there but that frist tube is giving me problems with the fit. Any suggestions help.:bang:

• Sponsors (?)

It never does...not quite right. What will help is if you remove the MAF meter from it's little mounting bracket, and let it float between the two pipes. The pipes are solid, so it doesn't really need to be mounted on that bracket anymore.

That being said, you realize the factory setup is a "cold air intake" right? You are essentially replacing the factory stuff for something that can actually hurt performance in some situations.

The bend in the pipe before the MAF can cause dead spots in air flow, causing your MAF to not operate like it should if those dead spots are in the meters path. IF you have some drivability problems after it's in, you might want to try clocking the MAF to make sure there is a steady stream of air hitting the meters sensor...

Insane3D said:
It never does...not quite right. What will help is if you remove the MAF meter from it's little mounting bracket, and let it float between the two pipes. The pipes are solid, so it doesn't really need to be mounted on that bracket anymore.

That being said, you realize the factory setup is a "cold air intake" right? You are essentially replacing the factory stuff for something that can actually hurt performance in some situations.

The bend in the pipe before the MAF can cause dead spots in air flow, causing your MAF to not operate like it should if those dead spots are in the meters path. IF you have some drivability problems after it's in, you might want to try clocking the MAF to make sure there is a steady stream of air hitting the meters sensor...
What do you mean by clocking?

You turn the meters orientation to put the sensor part inside the MAF in a better airflow area. Basically...it's mounted now with the sensor part on top...to clock it, you would turn it so the sensor is to the right or left...not on top.

Insane3D said:
You turn the meters orientation to put the sensor part inside the MAF in a better airflow area. Basically...it's mounted now with the sensor part on top...to clock it, you would turn it so the sensor is to the right or left...not on top.
Thanks didnt know that. I finally got it to fit properly.