HELP! Is My Mustang Possessed?

lawontheroad601

Jul 31, 2007
I have a 99, v6 convertible mustang (i love my baby). But I have been having some major problems. I have been hit on the passenger side 5 times ( i guess she is a magnet for accidents) but the last time was three years ago.

My headlights are now flickering on and off (when I turn them on). The windshield wipers work by themselves-just randomly start wiping. I have alsonoticed that my mileage on my dash is dimming and sometimes goes off but it eventually comes back on.

I had the headlights replaced last spring, but they flashed before the replacement and after. It has increasingly gotten worst. None of the mechanics I know can tell me what the problem is.

I want to keep her (especially since it is paid off, it is the first car i bought on my own and I am currently a law student which means I am broke ;) ). I am in Mississippi. Any suggestions of what it maybe and where I can take it? will it cost an arm and a leg? trying to weight my options...Thanks!:(

• Sponsors (?)

Hey, I'm from the classic section, but the title just stood out to me, so i had to come in. Whenever headlights are dimming like that it is often a voltage regulator problem. I'm not sure whether your year has a voltage regulator externally from the alternator or whether it is built in.

Its not a tough thing to diagnose, just get yourself a multimeter, and a good set of wiring diagrams and you'll be able to pin point the problem.

Not sure about your windshield wipers though :rlaugh:

You must excorsize the demons
at midnight of the blue moon, do the electron dance counter clock wise around your car , once complete charge and discharge your battery repeatedly within 32.1 seconds
that should take care of all evil doers :D

If that does not work, the most common cause of random wiper operation is the multifunction switch. there were actually a couple of Ford models where it was so common they had a recal.

and the fact that the high beam operation is through the multi function switch, it may take care of your headlamp issue as well
gtss:canada:

You must excorsize the demons
at midnight of the blue moon, do the electron dance counter clock wise around your car , once complete charge and discharge your battery repeatedly within 32.1 seconds
that should take care of all evil doers :D

If that does not work, the most common cause of random wiper operation is the multifunction switch. there were actually a couple of Ford models where it was so common they had a recal.

and the fact that the high beam operation is through the multi function switch, it may take care of your headlamp issue as well
gtss:canada:

The electron dance? WTF, LOL!