HELP!!Just installed Mach 1 cluster and car wont start!!

• Sponsors (?)

saleen137 said:
did you disconnect your battery before you swapped the clusters. if you didn't what you can do is disconnect your battery so it can restart the computer so the PATS system could also restart it's self
Yes I disconnected the battery....someone told me to disconnect the negative side again and wait 15 minutes and then try it again.

2175 said:
Yes I disconnected the battery....someone told me to disconnect the negative side again and wait 15 minutes and then try it again.

You need to swap the entire circuit board from you OEM cluster into the Mach 1 cluster or the PATS system will not allow the car to start. I had a Mach 1 cluster before I put the Lunar cluster in. Here's a link to the Lunar install, but it's the same principle for the Mach 1. http://www.99darkgreengt.com/autometer/autometertech.htm
Also, you'll want to swap the odometer display if you want to keep your mileage accurate.

WES

Rev Maynard said:
PATS maybe?? :shrug:
Yes it was the PATS. What I had to do was use the original remote that came with the car. It is setup (frequency wise) with the chip inside the key. I locked the doors with the remote and that set the clusters computer to "learn" and when I unlocked the doors it was set. I got that info from the guys on IMBOC
So now I know and so do you that if you want a Mach1 or Bullitt cluster that you have to use your remote to set it up! Thanks guys for all your help!!
Tracy

01PonyGT said:
You need to swap the entire circuit board from you OEM cluster into the Mach 1 cluster or the PATS system will not allow the car to start. I had a Mach 1 cluster before I put the Lunar cluster in. Here's a link to the Lunar install, but it's the same principle for the Mach 1. http://www.99darkgreengt.com/autometer/autometertech.htm
Also, you'll want to swap the odometer display if you want to keep your mileage accurate.

WES
Actually, you don't need to swap odometer displays...just the circuit board. The mileage is kept in the board.

I'm guessing if I swapped my v6 cluster for a GT cluster (minus PATS needed boards) I'd also need to swap the speed control servo since there's a difference in registered speed?.. (I have a 4.6L on the car now however)..