HELP LETS SEE WHO KNOWS THE 97 COBRA

• Sponsors (?)

msd are worse than stock coils. Get rid of them.

screaming demon coils. The problem started with the msd coils but the stocks didnt do anything then i changed to screaming deamons still same problem untill i gap plugs down but origanally the msds and stock coils allowed the car to open up to rev limiter out of the blue the car wouldnt rev past 5800 rpms

There's your problem. If they aren't OEM or Screamin Demon chances are they can't keep up. MSD are notorious for failing at high rpms.

-Mark

i tried everything but my tuner said it was running out of fuel and pulling timing at 5800 but didnt know why so i replaced fuel pump to 255 walboro pump didnt seem to help fuel pressure looks good vacuum looks good what gives

junk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well after all the crap taken apart and new gaskets new injectors problem still there .Anybody else have a clue whats going on with this thing?If the timing wasnt set right when the motor was put together would that cause my problems?if so how do you check without tearing the valve covers off?

timing off !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:jaw:well the guy i had put my motor together screwed my timing up.Tore it all apart to find one cam a head a tooth the other behind. Got timing straight but still having problems.lean bank 2 help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it will take up to 80 miles for a computer to relearn it sensors>

its funny because my car was throwing the code within 5 to 10 miles.i think it needs new tune.Im sending car back to dyno shop this week hopefully they get it running alot better.so far i havent had any codes which is weird because i deleted my imrc and didnt get retuned but only get a secondary code for bank 2 imrc stuck closed damn computer.no check engine light.:bs:

Stang88j

I don't claim to be an expert by any means and I really hate to hear that your car is not 'right' yet. Here's my 2 cents.
Your original post stated that "out of the blue it would not rev over 5800" so the valve timing was not the source of that problem.
I suggest going back to the basics. It only takes 1 or 2 plug wires and/or plugs to make a V-8 run like crap at high RPM. Drop 1 cylinder @ 5000 rpm is like running a V-6.
-
Steve