Help me choose a daily driver..choices inside

When I was picking up the current DD, I was looking for something a bit "sporty" and fuel efficeint. I had it down to Subaru (not model specific), Toyota Celica, another Probe, and a Honda Prelude. I picked up a Prelude for a good price. I couldn't be happier. Great car and fun to drive.

You can't go wrong with a well taken care of Honda, but it's a tough find these days. Everyone is gunning for the small, reliable, and efficeint cars right now...

• Sponsors (?)

stay away from V dubs man, in the long run they get expensive.

i dunno what year they started or if they're in ur price range, but check out Chevy cobalts, theyre pretty decent and really fuel efficient.

other than that, stick with 90's hondas. you see em all the time, that's a good sign of longevity. My friends got a 90 something accord, and its cheap and easy to fix, not to mention he drives around on empty for miles and miles and its no biggie LOL

By a honda! make sure it hasnt been riced out by some asshat and youl be good.. I've owned several honda's and NEVER got stranded or had any problems other than brakes and tires..

82 accord 575k miles! fell asleep and rear-ended a dump truck. Bent the sh@# out of the front end and it ate tires after that so i sold it.. Guy bought it dropped the motor in another honda and put about 100k more on the motor before it crapped out on him.

84 Prelude 450k dual 3bbl sidedrafts very fun car! I knew the previous owner and not only did he not maintain it but he ran the absolute pizz out of it! I drove it for 2 years and 60k and did the same thing! i red-lined it in every gear almost everytime i drove it! knocked down a flat 10 in the 1/8th mile with it too! not shabby for what it was! finaly sold it because the front main literraly wore a grove in the crankshaft and made it leak oil badly!

89 Prelude SI 220k Loved the car wicked handling (same with the 84) got rear-ended by a f350 smashed the trunk in like an acordian! he was going about 50 i was sitting still!! The carwas still drivable but looked like azz! sold it to a co-worker who got drunk and later smashed it into a telephone pole!

92 Honda accord 310k Bought this thing and drove it forever! never had a single problem with it! only reason i sold it was It was ugly and i wanted somthing newer! guy that bought it from me i work with and its almost hit 400k! still no problems!

98 Acura (*** built honda) Integra 220k nice car but the insurance was rediculous on it for some reason! sold it and bought the GT and literaly saved so much on insurance it MAKEs the gt payment! not a bad car had a 1.8 pretty spunky 30mpg or so handled nice but it was an auto and i hate autos plus payinh $150 a month to insure a 4cyl car was stupid! I pay less than that to have full coerage on my GT my z-71 my T-bird and my 30' camper now!

Honda's are top of the line *** built cars and will run forever with regular maintnence..

98 Acura (*** built honda) Integra 220k nice car but the insurance was rediculous on it for some reason! sold it and bought the GT and literaly saved so much on insurance it MAKEs the gt payment! not a bad car had a 1.8 pretty spunky 30mpg or so handled nice but it was an auto and i hate autos plus payinh $150 a month to insure a 4cyl car was stupid! I pay less than that to have full coerage on my GT my z-71 my T-bird and my 30' camper now!

Honda's are top of the line *** built cars and will run forever with regular maintnence..

I agree integra's are always on the top of the most stolen car is why the insurance is high i imagine, but buy a honda good cars for daily driving not racing lol