Help me choose!! Fluidyne or Summit Rad?

str8stang036

Dec 28, 2002
Miami
Within the month I am getting a new radiator. Since in the future I am going blown I need a good radiator. The Fludiyne is about $330, and the Summit Rad is about $179. I know that the Fluidyne is great, but for $330 it seems hard to dish out that much for basically the same thing with the Summit Rad.

Who here has installed the Summit Rad? Tell me how difficult it was to make modifications, and how its working?

Also, anyone with the with a Vortech and a Summit Rad chime in.

• Sponsors (?)

str8stang036 said:
Within the month I am getting a new radiator. Since in the future I am going blown I need a good radiator. The Fludiyne is about $330, and the Summit Rad is about $179. I know that the Fluidyne is great, but for $330 it seems hard to dish out that much for basically the same thing with the Summit Rad.

Who here has installed the Summit Rad? Tell me how difficult it was to make modifications, and how its working?

Also, anyone with the with a Vortech and a Summit Rad chime in.

summit rad (NA here) is sick, cheap, and pretty easy to get on.. :D

I relocated mine.... here you can see it between my CAI and alternator.
Go here for some various pictures....

front.jpg

I think I am going with the Summit. First because of price, and second because its the same thing as the fluidyne. If I have to relocate the ccrm, I will. Then ill make a new bracket for the overfill bottle. It cant be too hard.

How much has it dropped your water temps? (The Summit)

I installed the Summit Radiator with extreme ease. I figured it would be a nightmare. All you need is tie wraps, rubber hose for overflow, overflow fitting, longer bolts for the piece that holds the overflow and ccrm. I did not have to relocate the ccrm, the fan fits great with tie wraps, and there is plenty of clearance for pulleys and upper radiator hose. I like a little challenge. besides if everything goes smoothly, then there is something wrong. :D

I ended up getting the summit radiator 31X19. It has dropped my temps by more than 35*. Man does radiator cool. I think it may be thicker than the fluidyne. Its a tight fit, and there are a couple of mods, but nothing real big.

str8stang036 said:
I ended up getting the summit radiator 31X19. It has dropped my temps by more than 35*. Man does radiator cool. I think it may be thicker than the fluidyne. Its a tight fit, and there are a couple of mods, but nothing real big.

THAT's GREAT !! Good stuff, another summit rad fan!!

BY THE WAY (sorry for the yelling) BUT ford doesn't make that plastic fin that goes behind the bumper and allows the rad to suck cold air up.. Mine is broken, and my car overheats in stop and go traffic cause of it... There are no SN95 cars in the junk yards where I live (I've been looking for 10 months now) and when I put the new motor in I want to make sure I have it in place, does anyone know where I could get one???

Thanks!