help me choose new wheels for my 93 cobra!

Tasandmnm

Jun 1, 2007
Soon the 5 lug conversion will be done and I still dont know what wheels I want to put on the car, all I do know is I want 17x9s. I really hate to part with the stock wheels since they are so unique and really help identify the car as a Cobra, if there were aftermarket replicas in 5 lug that is probably what I would get but I dont think there are.

The other options I have considered so far are 00 Cobras, 03-04 cobras, FR500s, GT500s, and Konig Villains. I think I have ruled out the Villains since I cant get them in chrome. So what do you guys think would look best on a 93 vibrant red Cobra?

• Sponsors (?)

Too late for that, I already have the front 13 inch cobra kit and rear 12 inch kit on the way along with all th other stuff for the conversion. In the end the added versatiity of the 5 lug SN95 setup vs the stock 4 lug greatly outweighs the loss of being able to run the 93 cobra wheels. Now give me some 5 lug wheel input!! :)

good point on the wheels, I am going to do some more digging. Which saleens are you guys talking about? oh and btw I really dont see many Fox bodies with 00 Cobras on em...and they would show off my new brakes very well :)

Well I am having a tough time finding good sites for wheels that aren't Ford or Ford knockoffs...and that don't cost north of $500 each :( Can anyone point me to some good places to browse wheels?

DSCN5513.jpg

DSCN5512.jpg

Machined finish 03 Cobra's with the inner spokes done in gunmetal. Came stock on alot of 03 Cobras. Should set the car off nice without too much bling. The red jumps anyway, no need to over-do it with chrome wheels.

Fox this isnt one of those cars, it has over 100k on it, was in a front end accident before I bought it and was repaired pretty poorly, and had several not stock things on it when I purchased it. I probably wouldnt have purchased a car that I couldnt modify, I am just not the type to buy a car and leave it untouched and/or garaged most of the time.

Cobra anniversary rims, they don't have chrome, but the rims are cheap, and you can have them chromed.

http://www.buyfordracing.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=288

Shop around, i heard they could be had for $99 a pop.
My buddy had his chromed for his 03 cobra.

I also think it would be a serious mistake to put any non cobra style rims on a real 93 cobra. Plenty of decent cobra rims out there.
You have a cobra, you don't want it to look like a done up gt.
Take the cobra theme and stick to it. I like saleen rims, but saleen rims on a cobra is like wearing an eagles hat and a giants jacket at the same time.

BTW, the one pic above of the black car has sterns on it, cross them off your list. You'll never find a set, and if you do, they'll cost too much.

2000xp8 brings up a good point about sticking with some type of Cobra wheels...I am really liking the 10th anniversary wheels but have never seen them on a Fox before...I can also get a really good deal on chromed 03 Cobras ($700) and for some reason I still like the look of the 00 Cobra R's. Hmmmm :bang:

If I got 18's would I have any fitment issues and could I get tires that wouldn't bork my speedo??