help me choose new wheels for my 93 cobra!

2000xp8 brings up a good point about sticking with some type of Cobra wheels...I am really liking the 10th anniversary wheels but have never seen them on a Fox before

img_0993.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

why dont mustang guys buy wheels other than your typical mustang wheels. step outside of the box and pick up an import magazine and look at their wheels. they have a much more vast selection.

This is a joke, right? lol

no it isnt a joke. all mustang guys wanna run the normal fr500, saleen, cobra wheels. pick up an import magazine and be turned onto a whole world of wheels. just because it isnt seen on a ford mainly doesnt mean its wrong. the guy saying to look into konig villians is he a traitor? konigs arent the best wheels around but you will more times than not find them on an import.

Honestly I don't ever see myself getting anywhere close to one of those import tuner rags....ugh. Most of the wheels I have seen on the covers of those types of magazines are just way over the top or just plain silly looking.

I want something a little on the flashy side but in sticking with Ford's *vision* for the 93 Cobra I also want them to be slightly understated and civil.

Cobra I also think it would be a serious mistake to put any non cobra style rims on a real 93 cobra. Plenty of decent cobra rims out there.
You have a cobra, you don't want it to look like a done up gt.

That statement makes absolutely no sense what so ever. They are just wheels. They can be changed at any time.

If it was a mistake to put anything else but Cobra type wheels on a '93 Cobra, than it would be a mistake to put on anything but '93 Cobra wheels.

If he is worried about people thinking he has a done up GT because it has different wheels, all he would have to do is point out the obvious cues that it is a real Cobra.

To the original poster, get whatever wheels the "you" like.

why dont mustang guys buy wheels other than your typical mustang wheels. step outside of the box and pick up an import magazine and look at their wheels. they have a much more vast selection.

I have been thinking the same thing for a while now. I think the problem is everyone knows the Ford replica wheels will fit with out haveing to mod anything. Having to think of ways to get a wheel that might not have the right offset to work is too much work for a lot of people. Look at the Maxim wheels MM sells. Those are great looking wheels, yet when have you ever seen these wheels on a Fox body? I haven't. They are available with an offset that makes people nervous, so they pass. I would love to see different wheels being used. I have the absolute most cookie cutter wheel out there. Everyone has a '95 R wheel it seems. I am working on changing that myself, but it won't be for a wheel you see everyone else with.

have you looked at sportmax wheels before? they usually do 'import stuff' but i love their wheels. a certain member here is gonna hate me if you get a set lol
sportmax962.jpg

thats what i had in mind.. they make them in a 17 - 19 in rim ... a variety of widths for staggered setups, their cheap, good quality and i think they look great. plus they have them in 4 lug

have you looked at sportmax wheels before? they usually do 'import stuff' but i love their wheels. a certain member here is gonna hate me if you get a set lol
sportmax962.jpg

thats what i had in mind.. they make them in a 17 - 19 in rim ... a variety of widths for staggered setups, their cheap, good quality and i think they look great. plus they have them in 4 lug

There are some nice looking wheels on that site but unfortunately the ones that appeal to me aren't available in a size any wider than 7" in a 17 inch wheel.

I asked this question earlier but I think it got lost in the mix...what size rubber can I put on a set of 18's to give me the same overall diameter of a set of 17's with 245/45's?

03-04 Cobras FTW! By the way, those three piece Sterns, mentioned previously, are in the process of being reproduced!!! I read it on one of the Saleen boards, and there was a pic, unsure of how accurate the info is. They probably won't be a true three-piece, but one piece with the fake bolts. 2000XP8 is right, though, these wheels should have been forged out of 'unobtainium', lol! They are hard to find and a good set with close to the right offset usually sells for around $2500. Who cares, they are by far the best looking wheels for a Fox body, period.

Should an LX wear all LX parts on the outside?

An lx doesn't fall under the description of a limited production mustang.
There's a reason why an lx is now worth 5k and a cobra is worth 15+.

If i were to see a 93 cobra on the road, and it wore non cobra rims, i would think it was really a gt.

If someone thinks your gt is a cobra, that's a compliment.
If someone thinks your cobra is a gt, that's an insult.