Help me decide on wheel and tire options.

68stang351

Founding Member
May 16, 2002
Savoy TX
So basically, there's two options I'm looking at.

I'm thinking I really want to go with option #2.

Here they are:

1) Buy 2 deep dish 17x10.5 Anthracite Bullitts with 2 Nitto 555 Extreme 315/35/17 (to match the wheels and Nitto's I already have on the front) . If I remember right, this would cost me around 700$ from A.M.

2)This is what I really want. 2x 17x9 Black Bullitts for the front, 2x 17x10.5 Black deep dish Bullitts for the rear, and 2x Sumitomo 275's for the front and 2x Sumitomo 315's for the rear. I can get this package for 899$.

I like option 2 because then I would be able to take my stock Bullitts and run them on my 68 Coupe, and only use my Coupe's Pro-Stars (with drag radials and skinnies) when I need them.

It's like 200$ dollars and it would be like having a whole extra set of wheels. The only downside is that I've heard Sumitomo's aren't as good as Nittos. But I've read a lot of reviews that say they are pretty good. I guess the main thing I'm asking is if the Sumitomos are decent tires. The car is a daily driver that gets driven a lot, so I guess the wear rating is the most important, but I really need it to handle well also. I just don't want to be dissapointed in those tires.

Here's what they are going on, this car is dieing for black DD Bullitts with big fat 315's.

photoshoot.jpg

photoshoot2.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Personally, Black & Sonic Blue aren't MY favorite match, but its not my car. I think Anthracite, or silver would look better on your car since its already a kinda dark color, & the lighter wheels add a bit of contrast...

I had those sumis on my old 95. The grip was pretty horrible from a launch, & the wear wasnt all that great either. They are cheap for a reason... Plus, they looked pretty crappy IMO too...