Help me decide, please

Ator

Dec 27, 2003
First off I am new to this board but will most likely be around for a while.

I have owned a few 5liter Mustangs in the past and also a few vettes. I had to sell my last car (87 GT w/28,000 mile MINT) due to kids. I have been saving for a while and am now ready. I have $15,000 to spend and have it narrowed down to 2 cars, a 94 5-speed GT Convertible (borderline mint) for $7,900, and a 99 5-speed Cobra Convertible (also borderline mint) for $14,000. Both cars are 100% stock and the owners will go no lower than the prices I quoted (they both wanted more)

Heres my dilemma, which car to get?? I want to get it the 12's (high 12's will be fine). With the 94 I will have a considerabe amount left and will most likely go the way of a supercharger. With the cobra I will only have $1000 left (for now)

So my questions, in your opinon which should I get? which has greater potential? How much to get the 94 up to par with the 99 Cobra? what would it take? (no nitrous)

Any help would be gratly appreciated
Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

well, the cobra is definately faster, no doubt about it. but the 94 has a 5.0 in it, so you'd be used to that, and already have the largest aftermarket available. not to mention the cobra is much new-er

personally, i'd go with the cobra because it has the 4V in it.

I'd be patient and keep looking. Go for a low mileage 96 - 98 Cobra for a lot less money than the 99, and put a blower on that. They still have the awesome DOHC and respond very well to forced air.

Todd

I'm actually leaning towards the 94, it only has 38,xxx miles and is CLEAN-CLEAN-CLEAN inside and out. I'm most likely gonna go with the Kenne Bell blower. Any thoughts on that as a best choice?

tmhutch said:
I'd be patient and keep looking. Go for a low mileage 96 - 98 Cobra for a lot less money than the 99, and put a blower on that. They still have the awesome DOHC and respond very well to forced air.

Todd
There's definately alot of low mile 96-98 Cobras around for less than $12,000. Keep looking around.

On the other hand the 94-95 GT's can be modded for cheap.